1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
probably does cost a bit.

if you ask me, they really dont look much different than any other door pulls ive seen.

but hey, if you gotta have the real deal, and dont want to cut corners like I do (haha)...

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey boogie van, do you know any other leather door pulls?
I wouln't mind getting something else if it looks right!

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
specifically, no, but I guess my point is, those look almost identical to the door pulls on my chevy van, but mine are covered in plastic.

I will dig around and see what I can find. I know I have seen some before that look like that, but are vinyl, not leather.

So although I havent seen them in leather elsewhere, they have to exist. Its not like nakamae are the only ones who thought of that.

fwiw, every time I "cut a corner", I do feel bad about it. In doing so, Im definately just trying to imitate the styles I cant afford, and somewhat feel like I am just a wannabe, cramping the style of the true enthusiasts, making their genuine parts seem not so great if I did something similar for a fraction of the price. For that Im sorry, sorta....

But whatever, at this point in my life I cant always afford all the cool toys I want. I cant wait to find some quilted fabric in dark blue and piece together a rip-off nakamae style interior.

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks boogie van, just to know I don't care if it's vinyl or leather!
I just want to get a bit more space, while having something that looks good!

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW I bet you can make a copy of whatever you see and make it even better!
To me at the end everything comes down to how much time you have...or how much money you have.
I currently don't have either of them but I have a bit more $ than two years ago when I finished with School.
By that time I had unlimited time but very limited $

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Last time i checked R-Speed still had some in stock, not sure what color they have left.

I had to special order my red Nakamae's from Japan, but i had to complete the real deal Nakamae look i was going for. :mrgreen: :twisted:

PhatMiata \(^_^)/

Attachments

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checked R-Speed but they didn't have anything :(
What's the usual price for these?

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm wondering how much the shipping would be!

BTW They call tongue that factory tan color :)

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Last time i checked R-Speed still had some in stock, not sure what color they have left.

I had to special order my red Nakamae's from Japan, but i had to complete the real deal Nakamae look i was going for. :mrgreen: :twisted:

PhatMiata \(^_^)/
BTW That's a very beautiful door panel Phat!

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts

No they don't. You must've used a translation site.

The Japanese word for Tan is Tan. HOWEVER, the Japanese word for Tongue is also "Tan", and I'm guessing that the translator misidentified "tan" as tongue, because Tan and tongue are homonyms in Japanese.

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

No they don't. You must've used a translation site.

The Japanese word for Tan is Tan. HOWEVER, the Japanese word for Tongue is also "Tan", and I'm guessing that the translator misidentified "tan" as tongue, because Tan and tongue are homonyms in Japanese.
That explains everything :mrgreen:

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Max, I was trying to think where I saw/felt really nice leather handles. Went to lunch with my boss today and there they were, the oh **** handles above the doors on his cadillac sts.

Only problem is that they are a beige color, almost white. I dont think I ever remember cadillac having a tan color like the miata's so you might be out of luck unless you go Nakamae. That, and they probably are not a direct fit. Very comfortable as far as handles go though.

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the info Boogie Van!
I was looking in ebay for these but nothing...

I guess Nakamae is the way to go, but I want to see first if changing the door pull can be really helpful in get a spacious interior...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts