ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Naki's SILVER M.TURD

OMG... UPDATE

So it's not white anymore.. it's silver.

long story short... I was getting funds to do an engine rebuild. But I decided while I wait for my funds i'd post the car up for the hell and lulz of it.

I ended up trading my car for a silver NB with new rebuilt engine. Chassis is about 162k and it was rebuilt 6K ago. And I gotta say car runs very smooth and flawlessly.

So... instead of making a new thread, I'll use this thread. I'll keep the old info for for future reference. Other than that... Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yepp... If you didn't know, I had another thread couple of years ago about my 1.6 red miata. Showed my build and my track time funs! In fact you can go see that thread HERE

Not going to lie. I regretfully sold that car. Took me a while to realize it. After that car I went on to play with my 01 2.5 RS Coupe. Then after that I had an s13 hatch SR20DET pushing about 302rwhp... As fun as they are something was missing. I missed tracking a miata. I miss having a miata. I wanted to get back on the track and join the Roadster Cup Challenge again. After searching for another miata... I found a decent one.

Oh... did I mentioned?

It's SC'ed =P

TO BE CONTINUED! (I'll post more pic!)

UPDATE THREADS HERE:

POST 5
POST 20 - suspension changes and maintenance.
POST 21 - Engine shot and problem arises
POST 30 - Random pics update.
I pressed the reset button!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Haha Freakin Brian, welcome.back dude

Nam
zank you zank you... now for some quick pics.

It's hellaflushed right now. I'm getting too old for hella low cars... this is where my build starts.

The plan:

Get rid of those coilovers (rokkor yeck)
Get rid of those wheels (fatlace wheels of peace)
Rollbar!
Better coilovers + suspension bits
Better wheels + tires
Lock for the HT
and etc...

Also, might have to get rid of the exhaust. Not sure what it has. I haven't got a closer look. I need to get this thing on a lift. I have a cat the previous owner gave me. I may have to put that thing on. Cause this is one HELLA loud car... gets raspy too. So it's hard for me to push the car and feel the supercharger power. Also, have to see if it really has torsen LSD... previous owner said yes. But I like to confirm myself.

I'm sure there's more stuff I'll be doing... for now I am glad I'm back. The feel and experience are still here. Takes me back...

That's it for now... Update later on!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll post a quick engine shot soon...

Aiming for 1:25 at the streets! hahah...

I was aiming for low 1:30s before on my 1.6 miata. Simple exhaust upgrades not much power. Suspension and random aero. I was able to hit 1:34... although I know I could have done better. I learned so much from my 1.6... so now I'll be able to carry what I learned on this car.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Let me know the specs of those wheels. I might be willing to buy them from you.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Nice to see you back man. I liked the red car. I remember test driving it when you were trying to sell it. Hope this build is just as well done.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
That car was on CL for a while. Glad to see it found a good home. I agree with the few little changes that need doing. Looking forward to the progress of making her your own!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OG steering wheel of peace... came from my S-turd. I took it with me haha.

Thanks for the warm welcome backs... right now I need to fix the minor things that bothers me about the car.

currently looking for OEM exhaust right now. I know it may not be good but I need the car to quiet down while I drive it around. Then later on I'm looking into RB exhaust.

Tonight I'll be heading to my friend's place. Going to raise up the car a little bit and align it real quick. Make it more streetable.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright here's some updates from the weekend and so on...

I couldn't stand the exhaust being so damn loud. So in order for me to drive it normally on the street without being popped by cops I went to an exhaust shop and had them put in something quieter. The car was so low we almost didn't get the car on the lift.

As you can see here. The driver side fender has dents. The previous owner told me he has another fender. Just waiting for him to give it to me.

Remember this is just a quick fix. The exhaust down there was all hack and slash work. Looks like the previous owner took off the resonators and straight piped it all the way. Good thing though the exhaust was not welded all the way. Makes it easier for me to upgrade later on the road. WHICH I do plan... I plan to get Racing Beat headers + catback. Seems like I already have a test pipe in there... that's good.

Took the car to my friend's place that night and we tried raising up the car. We failed at that due to the rokkors being ceased and pretty much blown... I mean what do you expect from a hellaflushed car like this right? Right now I am on a budget. I'm trying to get this car up and running healthy without spending too much right now. But trust me when I spend.. I'll spend... Although things has changed. I wasn't scared of spending before on my red NA cause I was living with room mates and had extra monies... Now I live by myself and has more responsibility hahaha... oooh adult poverty life.

So anyways, I put the wheels up for trade and got so many response over the weekend. I got this guy wanting my set up. He wanted my rokkors + wheels for his megan ez streets + random jnc wheels. At first I ignored it. But he kept asking and asking until he was willing to give me $100 on top. Thought about it... and I figured I'd do it cause I hated driving the car so low like this. So I figured the megans will last me for a while until i get the car into healthy shape. Then later on I can resell and upgrade to better suspension + wheels.

So we did the trade yesterday...

took a while for me to get the car up. The jack i had at my parent's place wasn't hellaflushed lowered friendly.

Got the rokkors out... surprisingly took me less than 30min to take all of them out. And 30min or less to get the EZ streets back on. I mean, if you work on your car there's ALWAYS that small problem that delays everything.

EZ-Streets on...

After that, I did some small maintenance and some small fixes while the car was up. The car had a small oil leak from the oil pan plug. The previous owner lost the gasket when he was doing an oil change the night before we traded. Finally got a new plug - drained the oil (which I doubt he really did and oil change. Cause the oil was super dark) - put new oil.

And here's how The White Poop sits now. It's low but not flushed low. I can clear obstacles easily (driveways) and it's much comfy inside now.

There's still more stuff I need to do and replace. The belts started squeaking lately so I need to have that checked out. I still need to replace the passenger side axle... boot is destroyed. Good thing I found someone locally selling them for cheap.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts