ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if NAR - "Naturally Aspirated Racing" are around/in business any more ?
they may have changed name or amalgimated with another company !!? I don't know ...

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I searched long and hard to find a web presence for NAR when I was adding links to the JDM Tuner Shop section but I couldn't find anything. I don't see them advertising in Road&Ster after ~1999. I have no idea if they're still around or not but I always liked them.

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Pete, I will check that out ... carefully with search engine !!!

yeah Kyle their stuff in the back issues of Road&ster looks raelly cool ...

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
NAR (Naturally Aspirated Racing) went out of business back in 1999-2000 IIRC. They had some really sweet parts too, suspension, rims, and that quarter-panel/wing intake thing was cool too. That was one i was sad to see disappear. But TURBO was king back in those days, maybe they will comeback with all the tough emissions they have in Japan.

where is Nakamura-san, ill be he would know where they are at!!?? :wink:

PhatMiata

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
I was going to say the same- I love the fender vents that NAR Nikkei made

I don't think they are blended into the fender like shown in your photos though. When I get home I'll make a scan of one of their ads. Their fender vents have a flange sitting on top of the body sheetmetal.

They also made some nice looking seats and commissioned some pretty unique rims too.

It's sad that so many boutique shops have gotten out of Miatas or fallen by the wayside :cry:

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that is correct they had a flange and were riivveted to the fender I think ... this is one of the crazy nostalgic look roadstar site cars :lol:

maybe someone could do a bach of replicas if no longer available !!?

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
behind front wheels - meant to cool front brakes by ducting th hot air out through the fender ....

probably providing more bling than function though :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts