ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying a bunch of stuff, but I can't seem to figure this out.

A while back I pulled the motor to replace the oil pan, and also changed the timing belt, water pump, and all that at the same time. Ever since I put everything back in the car doesn't want to start. It cranks fine.

I checked the timing belt, and it seems to be fine:

I also opened the oil cap, and peaked inside, and the cams are moving.

I have no spark, I pulled the plug wire, put a sparkplug in the end, and attached it to the negative battery to ground to check for spark:

I also have no fuel, I pulled the plugs, and they are not wet, nor do I smell it.

However, the fuel pump works. I can hear it. I also know there is fuel pressure, I cracked a fitting barely open and saw it pressuring out.

The coil pack also seems to be fine.

I pulled out the harness, and traced all the wires, and checked them with a multimeter. The harness was fine.

I cleaned all the ground spots, and made sure all the grounds was good.

I changed the camshaft sensor with a brand new one, that did nothing.

I haven't changed the crank yet, however I repositioned it, just incase. I don't think there is anything wrong with the crank sensor, since I never messed with it before.

I have an Adaptronic ECU, and the ECU is working fine.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

·
Supporting Member
2,284 Posts
Dumb question not apparent in pics..

you DO have the crossover tube in place, right?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I checked the sensor, it seems to be correct.

A member on miata.net suggested the crank trigger wheel needs to be flipped. I'm going to try that.
I had the same problem today... first check for spark if you are getting an initial spark but no more after it is your trigger plate... I just posted the correct orientation thread today for the plate.

Hope this helps,
Zach

1 - 7 of 7 Posts