ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that cries over this. Yes, I know they're not that hard to make on your own, but I'd like a version that's been made and tested to last while presenting us with personalizing options for handles, door pulls, speaker holes, etc. I'd rather entrust that to our great vendors on this site. Would like something similar to these D-Technique panels:

Taken from Pacman 99 on one of those other sites. I know that if NB owners can get a $700-900 set of Garage Vary tail lights into production, surely you guys can get with me on this too!

·
Supporting Member
1,291 Posts
I pitched the idea to a composite guy in another forum that will start doing miata parts. Let's see if he really does make it a priority to make some.

Hope the sponsors on here can make something happen as well.

If not, I'm making my own somehow.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think realistically, what are people willing to pay for them? I think if we posted an idea of what we'd be willing to pay (I know what material it's made out of, what options etc etc), then it may pique a few interests.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think realistically, what are people willing to pay for them? I think if we posted an idea of what we'd be willing to pay (I know what material it's made out of, what options etc etc), then it may pique a few interests.
Injoy (cringe) had a group buy at $115 for very simple and basic NA panels. I'd be willing to go up to around $200 for nicley optioned (choice of door pulls and material...) flat panels. For something like the D-Technique card where it integrates with the NB dash, I might flirt with the idea of paying more.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I have everything to make them. But just no time :( I have a set of extra doors, a template. Just haven't had time. Sorry guys. Hopefully ink getaround to it soon. I need these as much as yy'all do

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just want a simple abs flat door card.

Without having to use the na upper.

Just One piece door card. Simplistic

But I would pay for a nicer one if that is what it ends up being
I think I'd rather have the NA upper for an arm rest. But if someone made the door card itself, I'm sure I could cut it to fit the NA upper.

I think I would be in it for around the 100 range for just the door card itself. maybe 150 with the pulls.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have everything to make them. But just no time :( I have a set of extra doors, a template. Just haven't had time. Sorry guys. Hopefully ink getaround to it soon. I need these as much as yy'all do
Are you saying you're making these to sell? Honestly, if nobody makes them I'd at least want a template from somebody since I already have some of the materials.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I would buy these so hard! I absolutely, positively hate my tan interior in my car. I would love just a flat, black powder coated aluminum door panels that could be screwed in, and have holes cut out to fit the door handle, speaker, and lock button. I wonder if the guy from rennenmetal would make those? He seems very open to new products and skilled at making cheap, high quality metal work. It honestly could be super skinny steel and be lots cheaper with not much weight added.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Injoy (cringe) had a group buy at $115 for very simple and basic NA panels. I'd be willing to go up to around $200 for nicley optioned (choice of door pulls and material...) flat panels. For something like the D-Technique card where it integrates with the NB dash, I might flirt with the idea of paying more.
+1

I think that's about what new OEM ones go for so I would not pay more than that. But still very interested. My door panels look pretty crappy since I ripped out the handle for more legroom

1 - 20 of 87 Posts