ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I wish I had a NB. These would be easy to make! Let me know if you can get a mock up made in wood/foam/clay and I can make them without any problem.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wish I had a NB. These would be easy to make! Let me know if you can get a mock up made in wood/foam/clay and I can make them without any problem.
To my understanding NB1 and NB2 have different door panels. Does that mean they won't interchange? If so, what if we could just send you a complete door panel?

The only problem I have with Carbon Miata is that you guys are in Shanghai, while it's not an issue with Shanghai, or CM, it's really the cost of shipping. Which I definitely understand that shipping is expensive from one end of the pond to the other.

·
Supporting Member
1,291 Posts
They interchange ....somewhat. I have 01 door panels on my 99. The main issue would be the door cups/handles are in different locations. The 2 door pull handle screws are on different locations as well. Everything else is pretty much the same.

I'll be working on mine today.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would absolutely buy a set with pulls, and speaker holes for $75-100 per side. More than that if they had an NA upper bumper, or something similar, maybe $150 per side if there were options and the finish was nicely done.

I started to make them using ABS and NA uppers but I F'd a sheet up and have re-order. At the bottom of my list. But if someone just needs a template to get these rolling I can push it up the priority list and get something mocked up.

Edit: I didn't read the whole thread. CM making these would be awesome. But the best I can do is a paper template with holes marked. Might even be able to do measurements and email?

·
Registered
56 Posts
All my buddies have nb's and they'd look so much better with flat cards like the NA. If I had the time and an NB door to work with I could kick some of these out real fast seeing I made brand new NA door cards. Too bad I go to Georgia Tech where all fun and free time goes to die lol

·
Registered
416 Posts
Never seen them come out ok without using bumpers. You've got a curve to cover somehow. You could try heating and bending the plastic and transfer your window seal/weather stripping from the OEM panel over.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts