ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have a homebrew headlight intake for an nb. i've been thinking about doing this for awhile, just need to chuck out a $100 for a headlight.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
That would be interesting - do the NA TSIs really make any difference?
it looks that way... although tsi are not csp legal, i hear ppl running headlights open during auto-x and track to draw some cold air to bring down temps and add some power.

i thought about drilling quarter size hole on both sides where the signal light is. i think it would work better w/ projecter

if you have the fog light option you can try to duct it to the engine.

there is a miata version but i can't find the pic.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I too would be interested in something like the RX7 style also. Maybe one day someone will come out with one for the NB.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Pairing the modded headlight with the AutoExe coldside intake would look awsome. pricey (i think around $550-ish) but it moves the maf over and looks slick in carbon fiber.

Do it!

Attachments

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
That would be interesting - do the NA TSIs really make any difference?
it looks that way... although tsi are not csp legal, i hear ppl running headlights open during auto-x and track to draw some cold air to bring down temps and add some power.

i thought about drilling quarter size hole on both sides where the signal light is. i think it would work better w/ projecter

if you have the fog light option you can try to duct it to the engine.

there is a miata version but i can't find the pic.
Yeah nor can I after much searching I know the one you are talking about though I used to want some. Corksport has an NB with them on their website, you can always contact them.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
morette's.... that would be an easy way, although expensive

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think garage vary makes something, but can't figure out price nor read the text on the website.
i've been checking out my headlight and it looks like the light may have crappy projection with the one bulb if i make a hole in the housing

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
01 head lights are different if you try to put it on 99-00 there will be a gap.

fritch had msm bumper and headlight conversion for is 10ae

·
Registered
517 Posts
Heres an idea...

Drill out the turn signal lamp area.

Place the intake tube there.

Place an aerodynamic motorcycle turn signal in the middle of the intake to retain signaling ability and to minimize flow obstruction.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thats what i think i'm gonna do. i'm gonna get on it this week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts