ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have any nb8c owners running irtb's curious to see what mods and setup you're running and i would like to compare the cost w/ each setup. pics would be nice too !

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm interested in seeing if anyone is out their as well... I have only seen one BP-ZE powered NB w/ IRTB's... VVT is a pain to tune from what I've heard.... but I'm still looking into doing it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess nobody has it. I know of one person who has done it and its somewhat local. Ocean from m.net has a setup and is asking a hefty price tag but it's high quality jdm bling bling. I saw the dyno numbers not really impressed w/ power output compared to money spent. i can definetly understand that it cost mucho bucks for parts product and development and tuning but I wish price wise it was priced similar to fuji racing. By no means is this a complaint or saying one is better than the other, I'm simply saying I wish it was more affordable for nb's.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would do the same but my nb is my only mode of transportation at this time so i need it available until i get a commuter car.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Ill be going that way once the suspension is sorted. Most likely with fuji racing. Jimmy said that they are working on a subcon/piggyback for the na8 and he will work on switching it for the nb so that should help untill you get cash for a new ecu

·
Registered
902 Posts
The 94-95 1.8L Subcon piggyback ECU has been completed for about a month now. It is being tested on a Eunos Roadster in Japan to make sure it is working correctly before release here. Then onto a NB piggyback and possibly for the VVT models also. I've had many people ask me what does Subcon mean. In Japan Subcon=Piggyback ECU and FullCon=Stand Alone ECU.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
482 Posts
Jimmy the IRTB manifolds and throttles you have due work on the VVT motors though correct? The only issue is the lack of good ECU support?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Jimmy the IRTB manifolds and throttles you have due work on the VVT motors though correct? The only issue is the lack of good ECU support?
Chris-Before I even sold one IRTB kit here in the U.S. I invested in making adaptor plates so that a 94-97 intake manifold cold bolt directly onto 99-05 head. I have many adaptor plates in stock. That is why my same IRTB kit that I used for my 95 head can bolt onto the current 99 head. Correct, only issue is what ECU you want for the VVT.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thanks Jimmy! Thats what I was hoping...One last question... what happens to the EGR from the 01+ header which goes into the intake manifold??? I ask so many questions because I am sold on your throttles... I will find an ECU that works, I just want to know more!!!! :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Chris-Keep the questions coming because I won't have all the answers and I will need to find out and it will benefit everyone. The EGR port on my header was plugged/welded. moto_bruce was saying that there was a plug available from one of the vendors and I believe that is what he did.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
Chris-Keep the questions coming because I won't have all the answers and I will need to find out and it will benefit everyone. The EGR port on my header was plugged/welded. moto_bruce was saying that there was a plug available from one of the vendors and I believe that is what he did.

Jimmy
FujiRacing
Doesnt blocking that recirculation throw a code of some sort on the newer models?

I was just reading on FM's website that the Nemisis works well, but doesnt return codes for emissions testing. I'd imagine the Freedom doesn't either. That may be a problem for me living in NC with emissions laws for anything OBD2, then again I do know some inspectors. Hmm... any input?

Brad

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
how hard do you think it was to bypass or do away w/ the butterfly valves in the itake manifold.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are quite a few NB IRTBs out there. I can think of 4 that we sold manifolds to. At least 2 of these were driven on the street. Not really that difficult with a full aftermarket ECU and a bit of knowledge.

Gibb

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
so has anyone done them on the NB? progress...

i don't think i'd go for another 2 yrs.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
is there a sub con or piggy back for NB that will help pass smog thru OBDII sensor?

how involved was the install?

·
Registered
47 Posts
so has anyone done them on the NB? progress...

i don't think i'd go for another 2 yrs.
I thought Ecugrad was a 1.8l install? He posted here frequently. I'm behind on mine, still working on getting MS installed. Hoping to have that done by end of this month tho. Once i have that in and running smooth, then I can see about my DIY'rs. There is already "issues" w/those but such is life eh?

Speedwell,

FW

·
Sponsor
1,391 Posts
I guess nobody has it. I know of one person who has done it and its somewhat local. Ocean from m.net has a setup and is asking a hefty price tag but it's high quality jdm bling bling. I saw the dyno numbers not really impressed w/ power output compared to money spent. i can definetly understand that it cost mucho bucks for parts product and development and tuning but I wish price wise it was priced similar to fuji racing. By no means is this a complaint or saying one is better than the other, I'm simply saying I wish it was more affordable for nb's.
the way he does it, it looks bling, but never worth the money he says it is.
they love jacking up prices at chikara.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts