ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 Mazda Miata Issue, 10AE, 6 Speed

After driving home from work with no issues for 35 miles at 65mph I get to the stoplight at the bottom of the exit ramp. For the last two miles home, at 35mph to 45mph, I have engine trouble. It’s exactly like someone giving it gas, then letting off the gas. The issue also occurs on cruise control. The next day I start the car and it is fine.

A mechanic friend was certain it was the purge valve. I changed that out because it was super easy and inexpensive. I still have the issue. Has anyone experienced this before and did you find a solution?

Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey HarryB, thanks for the reply. I just got codes, which I can go look up, but if you have any expertise, I sure would appreciate it:

P0123 - Powertrain Throttle / Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High Input
P0421 - Powertrain Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
P1102 - Powertrain If [Mazda] Mass Airflow Sensor Signal Inconsistent with Throttle Position Sensor
P1123 - Powertrain If [Mazda] Throttle Position Stuck Open

These are the codes and descriptions that came out of my cheap Bluetooth OBDII reader I forget I had until just now. I used Torque for Android as well.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NB Miata Intermittent Engine Power Loss engine mostly loss power due to excess load continuous long duration drive , damage of drive belt...i am working on it will given you full detail..practically.thank

·
Registered
204 Posts
The first and last two could be attributed to a faulty TPS or associated wiring/plug. I would start by pulling the TPS plug, and visually check the plug and sensor side for damage/corrosion. Also visually inspect the TPS wiring. Next, I would buy a used TPS to try out.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Yeah, definitely sounds like a bad TPS based on those codes. I'd swap in a new one before moving any further

1 - 6 of 6 Posts