ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyway, finally got to do some decently hard testing my first miata bought early this year.

Had a lot of fun, except my phone crashing when recording the much better uphill version :(
Apologies for Clipping/distorted audio, apparently phone cant handle vibration very well (car is actually quite quiet, most of the sound is the intake and general engine/road/wind noise)

Absolutely loving the car, lots of fun, but definitely needs some upgrades.
Brakes were fading a bit by the end of the first run(and smoking quite badly).
Tires are some old Pilot Exalto PE2 from at least 6 years ago.
DEFINITELY need a bucket seat, having to hold myself with the sides of my legs, and my knee hitting the steering wheel when trying to heel-toe is not fun.

Open to feedback

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stay in your lane.
One of the main things on my mind is to stay in my lane, hence all the slight lane crossings were done with full visibility of oncoming lanes. The road is also very narrow as can be seen by the truck I got stuck behind at 5:12.

·
Administrator
15,384 Posts
The point is... don't cross the lane. End point.

It's stupid. If some other moron is driving at a high rate of speed on a public road, all of a sudden the window you think you have is cut in half. And with you sawing at the wheel the way you do (too many fast inputs), it's pretty likely that if you saw another car coming at you at much higher than the posted speed limits on a narrow public road, you'd put your car straight in the ditch, or even worse, hit that guy.

Stay in your lane.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand what you mean, I will try harder to not cross over in the future.

Although I have to disagree with the sawing/fast inputs comment. If you re-watch the video, the "sawing" is mostly the un-evenness of the road moving the steering and me correcting it, the movements are quite smooth. Good example is a bit after 3:40

Here is a good view: https://www.google.pt/maps/@37.9634567,-8.7062947,3a,75y,245.27h,75.98t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sPmRgvA5AHUPzaPFhu9K0DA!2e0?hl=en

I do actually appreciate the feedback, fast way to improve one-self, keep it coming! :icon_cheers:

·
See You Next Tuesday!
2,188 Posts
Feedback you say?

Don't cross the line.
Just think. WTF would you do if you encounter someone coming the opposite direction driving just like you are?

Yeah, exactly.

Oh. And smoking brakes won't stop for **** in an emergency situation. So slow down.

Or, if you're determined to be all Initial D on public roads, just ask yourself how you're going to sleep if you kill a pedestrian or bicycle rider who's hiding just outside your field of view?

·
Administrator
15,384 Posts
If you don't want our input on the actual driving part of it, then... don't ask for it? :lol:

·
Registered
730 Posts
In germany people have been punished for street racing and speeding based on videos like yours. I don't know about your country but I suggest leaving the tach out of view so it can't be used against you.

Oh, and stay in your lane. I don't get why people are doing this on public roads, I find it way more enjoyable to actually go through the whole corner and not cut it, I mean it's about cornering and not setting lap records, isn't it?

·
Supporting Member
637 Posts
Such cruise. Many Slow. Wow.

If you're gonna post videos on forums and undergo the typical "go cruise on tracks instead" replies then at least become sufficiently good at driving so those who know what they're looking at can actually enjoy your video.

Well at least you're not a complete mess.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Keep in your lane and the road is really not the place as there's too much **** to hit i.e. no run off area
oil, pothole, kerb, my ass on a motorbike around a corner etc...

·
Beggars can't be choosers.
1,454 Posts
I see a lot of useless downshifting..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for all the feedback.
I do admit I was a bit too eager to test the limits of the car, and in retrospect I can see the lane crossing was unnecessary in most situations.

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
Cats eyes, center reflectors or whatever you want to call them should be made out of landmines. That'll teach 'em.

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
hey guys...........hey, guys!! GUYS!.............Not only am I gonna film myself breaking the law on multiple occasions (poorly, I might add) and post it online but I'm gonna do it when the sun is low in the sky to add that extra element of danger.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts