ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Old Threads > New Threads
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '02 came with this nonsense...

Commonly known as Big Tupperware, Large Skirt, Large Skirts, Big Body Kit, Purple Headed Yogurt Slinger, and my favourite; Pedro.

revlimiter hooked me up with a place that has some BNIB Tupperware kits and so I ordered all of the pieces needed for a small Tupperware kit. Also ordered a new NB2 front clip although I won't be actually using that piece as part of my rebuild.

Voila.

Started at the rear and the mud flaps are fairly easy. A bit of clean-up to do but the new mud flaps are much better.

Then it was onto the side piece and I managed to get this far before realizing I might be totally screwed. I know its hard to see in the picture but about 6" behind the passenger door it looks like there is a push tab that goes into the quarter panel.

Has anyone removed the large OEM side skirt package and if so could you please post up pictures of how many holes you ended up in your body?

I'm not thrilled with the idea of having to keep the large Tupperware kit; however, I'm even less pleased with having holes in the side of the body.

Long shot, I'm sure, but thanks in advance.

·
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Few more pictures for reference... This is the what the small Tupperware kit looks like. Pictures of it installed can be found at www.revlimiter.net/blog or you can search out his thread on Bucky here. Bucky has the smaller kit installed BUT didn't originally come with either kit so it was a start-from-stratch project for Adam.

David vs. Goliath -

To me it looks like the push tab is above the upper edge of the smaller skirt...

FML...

·
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
God. Fucking. Dammit.

Thank you, Mate. I was afraid of that. Small Tupperware sides with big ass mud flaps for sale soon...

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Awww c'mon, the large sills don't look that bad. I agree the small rear flaps look much better though.

The Racing Beat or AutoExe bumpers go well with the large sills....

·
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the RS Factory front lip which, to me, only looks right with the smaller side skirts...

:-/

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was in the same boat, I was planning to go to the smaller kit but came around to keeping the larger one. I think the front lip I have flows well with the large sideskirts

But to each his own.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Why don't you just get the holes filled, and have the sills and repaired holes painted at the same time? Silver cars are hard to paint match anyways, and they'll probably have to blend half way up the side of the car.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Get some of these in body color: http://www.bumperplugs.com/

I have used them for filling license plate holes on a ton of cars, hardly even noticeable. Could fill the visible side-skirt hole real easy.

·
Registered
1995 Black NA, 2004 Titanium MSM, 1994 Black FD, 1988 Silver 323 GTX
2,348 Posts
Did you ever sell your removed Titanium large Tupperware side skirts?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts