ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
SHUEtuning.net <3
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so what are you guys running on now? axel back? catback? what kind of midpipe? what kind of custom job do you have? etc. etc...

it just seems like everyone has an NA and so far the reviews and sound clips are of NA miatas...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the sound clips be the same for both NA and NB?

edit: by the way, your car looks hot! I saved a couple pics.

·
SHUEtuning.net <3
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the majority of NA cars i have heard seems more buzzier deeper than the NB's i have heard (which arent many! thats why i posted this). there is one exception to one NA miata and thats marty's pink miata (loud and like 1000 civics are flyin by).

im not really sure why maybe my ears are messed up but a lot of NB's sound crappier than the NA's. if there is no difference at all then well... im wrong and regaurd this post.
:oops:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have a 3" turbo back custom v-banded straight-pipe exhaust with aspec straight through muffler, sounds good to me nice deep sound. No sound clips yet, just pics

·
SHUEtuning.net <3
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
who does your welds?!? :shock: nice! :wink:

i dont have "hookups" with state inspections so i have to keep my obd2 sensors and my cat...

how much of a difference is there from the oem mid section (cat + res) and a regular hiflow cat you can weld in, and those midpipes you have seen sold on goodwin racing and all of that..?!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
2.5" downpipe to FM 2.5" catted midpipe, to Borla exhaust, with atmospherically vented external wastegate right now.....

as of tomorrow the borla will be off and the car will have a drivers side exit 2.5" straight pipe from the axle back.... should flow nice and sound badass..... Picked up a nice shiny Borla exhaust tip for that too since I lked my original borla exhaust so much... I'll try and post some pics and perhaps a sound/video clip sometime this week..... I have a dyno day on saturday, so I should be able to get some media for you guys then!

·
Registered
534 Posts
A small local shop did the exhaust for me, very high quality work!

I don't have hookups for emissions either, I hope I'll be able to pass them next year somehow.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Racing Beat 01+ 4-1 Header, 2.5" Goodwin-Racing Midpipe, w/ Sim'ed rear 02, w/ Borla Carbonfiber tip 2.25" Exhaust

Never get any flack for state inspection because all 02 sensors are in place, the sim box is under the dash, only cost $30 and Sniff's the front 02 and returns an in limit code to the ECU. Car is also running "prefect A/F ratio" on the dyno... just a hair lean...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
just picked up my car..... sounds sweet! low and burbly at idle, but screams at WOT..... and with the turbo in the way..... there aren't any nasty naturally aspirated honda style noises either.....

·
SHUEtuning.net <3
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i havent heard of anyone running the ARK...

im really diggin those welds man... theyre pretty.

and side exhaust sounds sick!!!!! iw anted to do that only cause im a whitey at heart.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
heres a few pics of the new exhaust from the dyno day saturday...

gimme a bit to get these up...... doesn't want to work

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
lets try again.... stock wheels are on for the winter.....

and the obligatory engine shot.......

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I have a 3" turbo back custom v-banded straight-pipe exhaust with aspec straight through muffler, sounds good to me nice deep sound. No sound clips yet, just pics

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/pharaon19/dp1.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/pharaon19/DSC_3453Medium.jpg
That's beautiful man. V-bands rule. All the welded sections remind me of the prototype exhausts that "works" moto-x racers use. Is there any possible way to straighten out the hump over the chassis brace? My friend has a 3" turbo back exhaust on his Evo8 with no mufflers and it is one of the most macho and cool sounding 4-cylinders I've ever heard. We need some sound clips and video footage of you in action stat.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts