ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got through putting in HID projectors on my NB1. I had read about the ways people have used to make their positive connection, most of which involved splicing into one of the power wires at the fuse box located on the passenger side of the engine bay. While I was looking at the fuse box after removing it, I noticed a rectangular door on the fender side of the fuse box. I opened it and there were several wires going into the fuse box underneath a 10mm headed bolt. I checked and there was a constant 12v DC. I merely loosened the bolt, slipped the harness supply wire underneath and tightened it up. Voila! The door will shut, you bolt the fuse box back down and everything is nice and neat.

I can't say for sure if this will work on NB2s but it sure does on NB1s. I was going to take pictures but my camera is missing.

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
If you do a write up with pictures, I will be reading this thread in the near future.

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the actual HID projector install is well documented so the only thing I would put up a picture of is the location of the bolt. This is the new style harness I used: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=81

I just fired them up in the dark garage (raining out and she's fairly clean so no drives), these things are great. Can't wait to use them out on the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts