ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just finished fitting and adjusting my Rokkor coilovers.

I fitted the nb coilovers to my na using nb top mounts so that I would get maximum travel. However I've not set it that low and I'm touching the bumpstops diffinately at the back and I think also the front.

I'm only just touching them.

Here is a pic to show how low I am.

It rides fine like this. I'm just checking that it's ok to leave it like that?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How will longer springs keep It off the bump stops?

And how is everyone else using these coilovers with their cars super low?

·
Registered
169 Posts
did you cut the bumpstops any shorter? my car is probably slightly lower than yours (on NB rokkors too) and i had to cut the bumpstops (especially in the back) so i could get a little bit of suspension travel back.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about cutting the bump stops but it rides fine like this. It's only just on them so they aren't compressed at the moment.

Surely if I cut the bump stops down it might be a smoother ride but when it does hit them it will make the car very unpredictable?

·
Supporting Member
374 Posts
I'm less than 2 inches off the ground, and I've hit damn near 4-5" drops on the highway going 80mph, and I've never even come close to losing control, it's more of just a big bang and a spew of debris out of the rear of my car.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
With my race lands I cut all four bumpstops in half and removed all helper springs. Im still using Na top hats, pinch welds are about 1.5 inches off the ground with at least an inch more adjustability left

·
Registered
30 Posts
Agree with above, I cut my bumpstops in half and removed helper springs, using NB topmounts and its been fine round Cadwell.

·
Supporting Member
1,303 Posts
I'm less than 2 inches off the ground, and I've hit damn near 4-5" drops on the highway going 80mph, and I've never even come close to losing control, it's more of just a big bang and a spew of debris out of the rear of my car.
you might want to carry some flattened out aluminum pop or beer cans and some JB Weld for that occassional "Oh ****" moment for oil pan repairs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts