ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Miata Master
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in talks with the moulder to get these skirts in NB specific fitment. They will be for 99-05 without any oem tupperware. Just trying to get a list of interested parties before we go through with making them. Let me know if you are interested! thanks

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts
Interested but how would they look? Will these look like the ones you had for NA's? Price is a big factor too... Small side skirts can be purchased in most colors off ebay for ~$160 if you diligent enough to watch for them. I would not pay $400 for side skirts unless maybe I could get them in my specific color (Black Mica).

·
Supporting Member
1,146 Posts
I'd be very interested! Have a new set of skirts just sitting in the box because I'd either have to put my old Tupperware on, which I don't want to do, or fabricate a long wedge strip for each side, which I don't have time to do. Either way, I'm just bummed because I'd really like to mount them but for now, they're on their way to the attic.

Mazduh, he's talking about RX-7 style side splitters, not side skirts in the way that we know them. I don't know when the terms got intermingled and confusing but the "skirts" and "splitters" are two different things.

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
I second that yata. I was day dreaming of the ones for the na and how they would look

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts
Mazduh, he's talking about RX-7 style side splitters, not side skirts in the way that we know them. I don't know when the terms got intermingled and confusing but the "skirts" and "splitters" are two different things.
Thanx for the info... Where do I paypal? LOL!

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
If you're talking about the Feed's style for the RX7, paypal is ready.

Please please please make them.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Can't tell how big/small images are, but here ya go.

·
Surgeon General
2,924 Posts
I would be down for NB specific sides, but with the tupperware. I can't bring myself to take off the stock skirts on my 10AE. If either the NA skirts that are already out, or a new NB skirt look decent with the stock NB side skirts, I will 100% for sure buy a set of these from you.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Different end product, same result

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
When and how soon?

as for the side skirts, They look good with them on in the pictures and I'm not going to take them off unless I do the install and see it in person and it looks like crap.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
I've been trying to get a UK maker of the NA ones to do an NB version since 2006. But no dice.

Sideshow, if you can get this done, I promise to be the mother of your children.

If you can get it in carbon fiber, I will give you my first born!

·
Supporting Member
1,146 Posts
I'm pretty excited about an NB specific version too but I wouldn't threaten anyone with ditching a brat on them. ;)

Shadow, if you want to keep your Tupperware then you don't have to wait for the NB design. The skirts he's selling right now already work with NB Tupperware perfectly because they're flat on the bottom. The new design would be specifically for NBs without plastics because of the curvature under the doors.

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
My only concern putting them on the tupperware is that it might look like a step stool like the ones on trucks. I don't know the word for it :/ I just don't want it to look like that. As for CF, you can't have enough of that :p

·
Surgeon General
2,924 Posts
I'm pretty excited about an NB specific version too but I wouldn't threaten anyone with ditching a brat on them. ;)

Shadow, if you want to kerp your Tupperware then you don't have to wait. The skirts he's selling right now already work with NB Tupperware perfectly because they're flat on the bottom. The new design would be specifically for NBs without plastics because of the curvature under the doors.
Awesome! Good to know. I poked around a bit, but maybe I just missed that post that definitively stated that the NA ones would work well with the NB tupperware. :D

I shall look into the NA ones then!

Oh and btw, I lol'ed @ kerp. :woolery:

·
Supporting Member
1,146 Posts
My only concern putting them on the tupperware is that it might look like a step stool like the ones on trucks. I don't know the word for it :/ I just don't want it to look like that. As for CF, you can't have enough of that :p
I agree. I suspect it would look too busy or like too many layers. That's why I'm pretty bummed with the set I just got. I'd like to keep it clean looking but who knows, maybe it would look pretty cool.

Oh and btw, I lol'ed @ kerp. :woolery:
Mmm, okay. I don't usually highlight people's typos and laugh at them, especially one's just trying to help. :dunno: I'm finger typing on an iPad so I usually have to go back a few times and fix many typos.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts