ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I've got NB KYB AGX shocks with NB FM Springs & NB top mounts on my NA and the car seems to have the monster truck look about it

Front measures 12.25"
rear measures 14.25"

is there anything I can do to get the car lower and is cutting the springs a worthwhile option.

:|

·
Mufasa in Training
31,691 Posts
When did you install everything? Ideally, it should take some time to settle. If you're wondering about cutting coils (which I wouldn't do), you should contact FM directly. Generally, though, most suspensions built for NB's are longer than their NA counterpart. Cheaping out by buying NB components will leave you with a higher ride height.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just another thought, how can I tell if the springs are on back to front or in the right sequence - I guess the longer shock is fitted to the front with the longer springs and the rear has the shorter shock with shorter springs - or that's how mine is fitted.

Please help!

:(

·
Mufasa in Training
31,691 Posts
Just another thought, how can I tell if the springs are on back to front or in the right sequence - I guess the longer shock is fitted to the front with the longer springs and the rear has the shorter shock with shorter springs - or that's how mine is fitted.
You've got it right.

Like I said, I suspect that you're seeing the outcome of putting NB equipment on an NA or that your suspension hasn't settled yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The suspension has been on the car nearly a year now so it should have settled by now I would have thought - I bought the set up from this car - apologies for the quality, but the ride height should be obvious from the pic - There must be something I can do to level things out or is there a fundemental difference between NB/NA suspension set up

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hadn't thought of that, but thanks for your contribution nonetheless.

:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NB Top hats all round - The car drives fine and corners very flat, I just can't feeling that it should be lower especially at the back.

Regarding the wheels - I can't help myself when I come across a bargain and have to buy, try them on the car for a while then sell them at a profit - No harm done

:wink:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've only got a couple of sets, the white Volks and OEM BBS' - Another question, If I replace the FM Springs would that do the trick?

The FM spring rates are 318lbs/in front and 233lbs/in rear - Are there any springs out there would lower the car more than the FM springs - are Tein, H&R any good?

I could always just sell the the current set up and get ground control coilovers or whatever, but I think the AGX's are a good shock and the mileage on them is under 10k miles

·
Registered
5 Posts
the NB shock rod and body are longer than the NA. i forget the exact dimension. i have NB bilsteins on my car. in order to get it correctly you need to shorten the body and rod.

if you like, i can take some pictures of my car and how i did the top mounts. i also have NB tops.

i used to have a set of KYBs. i emailed them to see if they revalve, they dont. so dont expect them to shorten them.

·
LL cool Dave
2,602 Posts
When I decided to get NB top hats, I went to the junkyard to get the suspension but they only had the rear so I bought that....long story short

I installed the NB shock with my NA Lowering springs into my NA and it was at a higher height then it was with my NA shock......I would recommend just getting ground controls as stated above.....I just bought some and it fixed my ride height problem

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I took some pics this afternoon - If I'm honest the car handles very well in its current set up and I'm not sure the $550 investment in ground control coilovers would be money well spent simply to lower the rear of the car.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts