ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I recived my GV Knockoff AkA "Wizdom" Front bumper yesterday, Ordered it with another shipment for work to save money paid $125 for it total.

Facts:
It DOES NOT come predrilled(which is kina a good thing)
It is made via chopper gun, Not hand laid
It Is gellcoated but will require a bit of finish sanding and a small ammount of body filler.
It was gelcoated TEAL GREEN
Trimming of the bumper IS nessasary for instalation
REMOVAL of the crashbar is also nessasary
REMOVAL of the OEM Foglights is nessasary

Now My RATING of this bumper for quality for cost is on a 1-10 scale a 7

It goes for paint week after next when i get tax money in.
Oh and before you ask, the front end is sitting so high because the car is still engineless, It squats about 2" with it in there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I know rims are the best but they were on it when I bought it and I need the money plenty of other places right now. I plan to go to 17x7.5 front and 17x8.5 rear eventually Black with a polished Lip.(staggered) but that will be after the engines in and the paints done.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
The are eleventy billion different vendors who sell knock off GV kits called "Wizdom" or "Wisdom" or some other variation of the name. Which shop did you buy yours from? Because to me, knowing the shop you purchased this from has more relevance than knowing the generic name of a counterfeit bumper because there is no proper way to identify a knock off unless it has the knock off maker's logo epoxied to the underside and there might be dozens of different manufacturers making fakes of varying quality.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered Mine through our carrier at work, I sell aftermarket products. The companie I order from is called "Carbon innovations"

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Do you mean these guys? http://stores.ebay.com/Carbon-Innovation

I'm having a hard time finding out any credible details about them on the web. Searching on their phone number (909-595-3027) brings up a number of different names/companies:

Kiraki Enterprise Incorporated
JTR Sport
Several other eBay stores
Areo_Designs or Aero Designs I can't be certain which spelling is correct
Jp_Drift_Showoff
Chris @ ViS
Chris Lam @ JTR Sport

I don't think Carbon Innovations LLC has anything to do with your body kit. It seems to me the people who run the business(es) that you purchased your front bumper from have spun quite a tangled web. I wonder if they are intentionally set up to be difficult to track down who they really are?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I hope it doesn't sound like I'm trying to stir the pot. I really appreciate your detailed review. Could you please elaborate on where you had to trim the bumper for clearance? Was the body filler used to repair pin holes or was the problem area larger?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I had to trim back the inside of the mouth on the top side where it conflicted with the Crash Bar rail(metal part UNDEr the plastic bumper) Not anything horrible only about 1/4" of fiberglass.
As for body filler, I havent done it yet but it is pinholes, a few maybe 10 ive found by tapping, and then Youll need to sand out a few thick spots of gellcoat.

All of my body supply stuff is at a friends along with the front clip off my show car, Ill ride down there once the engines in and running and prep and paint the bumper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts