ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like i should start one of these just to track the progress of my car.
Ill start now (before it gets way deep in and i lose track of things)
So i first bought the car beginning of this year - dec 31 11 to be exact and is a 2000 white Miata all stock w/ 80,000 original miles :)
This is going to be a half&half car - fun drivable car with track action. I have a reliable daily/workhorse so this is more like a toy.

First thing I did was change out all the fluids
Valvoline synthetic blend 5-30 w/ KNN filter
Super blue brake fluid and clutch
Ford Motorcraft MTL
Redline diff oil

Also should note that when I changed the fluids, all original markings were still on so probably never has had any kidn of fluid change....ever....

Next I installed the Hard Dog roll bar. Easy no problemo. took about 6 hours, a 12 pack for me and my roomate, and some good ol DI-FM radio!

Next, head unit. Cant live without good music man. Conveniently my roomate was getting rid of his so i just yoinked it from him. Installed it pretty easily - just went on the forums and got myself a wiring diagram of the stock wiring and cut the original harness and psliced in the new one. Easy peasy.

Now this is where im at now. I plan to do an interior swap from tan to black with another member on here so im gutting the car out right now. Funny, I had a problem with the wooden OEM nardi knob and could not get it off for the life of me. Grabbed and clenched that wood knob and worked it but something wasnt right. it kept spinning but nothing was happening, so i assumed that the metal was slipping on the wood. Took a vice grip to the metal base, and it spun. Woot - but my celebration ended early. It still wasnt getting off. Long story short, i ended up breaking all of the wood off the nardi knob, and drilling a hole into the knob to get to the resin inside where the threads are to finally twist it off.
Here is a picture of the result.
http://db.tt/zJDPGV9r
http://db.tt/0MsavyDv

So now i got all the chairs out, center console out, head unit out, pretty much everything except for the damn dash itself. Going to wait for the other guy to come back w/ the black dash and swap before i go any further.

On a side track, im making custom adaptor plates for a corbeau FX1 racing seat. Fitment is almost perfect, just gotta hammer the tunnel wall a bit and figure out a way to bend some 3/16inch steel adaptor plates to fit in the holes. Using recaro side mounts for the seat itself. Also gotta make myself a harness bar for my harness too. Cant quite figure out how to moutn it.

Anyways, more pics will come as I work on it more and keep this in mind.
Thanks for readin yalls

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol thats why i linked them instead of embedded. came from my phone too :eek:
Yoink:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just finished taking things apart.
heres a gutted miata with more pics to come of all the interior pieces. i hope this guy pulls through with the trade and not flake/troll me :\
man the carpet was a pain to get out

·
Hardparker Extraordinaire
3,388 Posts
Ahh seeing this thread makes me miss my NB LOL

welcome to the site, seen you on my.is a couple times

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hahaha your on my.is too? :p
you should get another one! keep the IS and have an NB!

·
Hardparker Extraordinaire
3,388 Posts
lol I would if I had the money...still got quite a few miata parts leftover. AWR say mounts, JDM fender signals, FM clutch switch, race seat & rails, interior bits.....which reminds me, if the black interior falls through any interest in a 10AE interior?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hahaha im good on the interior. just finished it :)

heres a pic! took me 4 hrs by myself to finish it all up! in retrospect, kinda wish i kept the wood center trim but oh well.

whatcha think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts