ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,883 Posts
Gotta love that torque from the VVT. Why where the pistons shaved down?

2,883 Posts
Engine was originally built as a spare enduro race engine where we needed to be <10.5:1 CR. So it has an actual 10.48:1 or something. It's essentially stock. Some polished journals, balanced crank, 3 angle valve cut. Nothing that makes any real power.
I figured as much. Still though, the balancing and blue printing should have been worth some notable power. Eitherway, it's great to see another example of a nice mild N/A engine that can be had without too much stress on one's wallet. I look forward to seeing some videos.

Also, is that the stock NB2 intake manifold and are you still running the stock shim over bucket lifters?

2,883 Posts
Surprised you had not identified the square top. Stock lifters.
Haha I thought that it might be, but I figured you would have mentioned it in your spec list. To be honest I have never seen one person and haven't paid too much attention to the cosmetic differences.

I am also revving my engine to 7600 and am still on the stock lifters as well. I have considered changing them to SUB's, but since I am not spinning the engine any higher I am not sure if there is any real reason to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.