ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the searches I did, I couldnt find anything thing useful here, there and on Teins page....(looks like all the photos are the same.)

Are there any NBs here that run Tein Basics or does everyone have the type flex?

From what people are saying on this forum the basics for the NA dont drop the rear of the car enough, so was wondering on how the ride height sat for 99s and higher (pererably the 99--check my profile hint hint) What about the SS?

I dont mind spending the extra cash (when I have it) on something that will get the car looking better, but I feel that for what I use my car for, anything more then the Basic would be overkill.

Thoughts?

And discuss

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
well it was the jic vs tein before i got it.
tons of info on m.net

my reasons:
-it can be rebuilt/revalve here.
-not the best coilovers but it does do dual purpose really well. it priced in the middle compared to the competitors
-tein customer service. i need to be get on the road asap.

basic vs flex: flex you adjust the damping i beleive. the basic you can't adjust

9kg/7kg split mixed w/ rear rb sways/ stock sways/and disconnect

best guy to ask is eddie from adrenalineracing.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have flex as well, I was going to go with the JIC's but there seemed to be more support locally for the Flex. We have a TEIN dealer here in Newport News who got me a good deal. Also agree w/ asianrice02, my reasons were pretty much the same. I personally saw the basic as a waste of money for what I was trying to do. I think for the price of the basic you would be better off getting Koni Yellows and ground controls. that way your getting an adjustable shock at least. I will be switching my front springs over to 9kg at the end of the winter, and I am running a racing beat 1.25" front sway and stock rear. Both have adjustable endlinks which were custom made.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah that looks good. is that as low as they go?

My 99 is my daily driver so I dont need anything crazy as I dont or plan to take it to the track. Just looking for something with a nice ride, get rid of the nasty gap between the fender and the wheel and have a bit more sport in the driving feel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts