ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the thread but didnt come up an answer to changing an '08 bumper to newer year "smiley face" bumper. Has anyone done this? It seems the bumper mounts are the same and look to be interchangeable between '06 to '13. I know, why you ask would I want to do this. I damaged my bumper and actually like the newer ones with the wider inlet opening in the grill and the integrated side markers. It would seem to allow more air and access to add a cold air kit. I wouldnt consider it if I didnt need to replace my current bumper.

If this question has been answered I apologize and please point me to that thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not know which is why I am asking, but everything from the bumper cover back looks the same, lights included.

·
Registered
252 Posts
New headlights, Grill, and Fog Lights.

The Playboy cup cars all did it, that series is done now I think. They all had to update the front ends when the new front end was released by mazda.

I don't know of any private owner that has bothered, due to the astronomical cost.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Gott damn the 2013 looks good. Was never a fan of the 2009+ facelift, but I wouldn't mind doing a 2013 front on my 2008.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Bumper Cover (emblems, grille, bezels, bolts, taps, etc) $1861
Headlights/Fog Lights/gaskets/etc - $1132

Assuming you need nothing else...$2993 + $250~ (Paint) + $300~ (Frieght)....$3543+tax if you do all the work.

Turbo (BEGi $3345) > this idea ($3543-4000)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bumper Cover (emblems, grille, bezels, bolts, taps, etc) $1861
Headlights/Fog Lights/gaskets/etc - $1132

Assuming you need nothing else...$2993 + $250~ (Paint) + $300~ (Frieght)....$3543+tax if you do all the work.

Turbo (BEGi $3345) > this idea ($3543-4000)

Thanks man! Yeah, I see your point!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 MX5 NC1 Bumper Swap 2015 MX5 NC3
$1000
Factory NC1 Headlights / Fibreglass Eyes and Painted Winning Blue

Other Project Big Block Entertainment V8 Supercharger Turbo Rings
Great job on the bumper alt!
So you put an '15 bumper on an '06 and kept your headlights?
Is that an 2015 grill????????????? Whatever it is I like it!
I want to recess my grill like the "Superlight" and wondered if you could tell me what parts you used.
I've got an '09 and the chrome trim on the honeycomb grill is flush with the front of the bumper.
The honeycomb on yours looks recessed by 30?mm.
Is your grill an '06 or '15?
I'm after the painted "recess" running towards the radiator. How do I get that?
Do I need a new bumper?
I'll appreciate any tips on how to get the recessed grill look!
Thanks in advance,
EmaninAU

1 - 12 of 12 Posts