ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the NC Mazdaspeed Carbon Shift Knob and Parking Brake handle will fit in an NB? If not direct what sort of modifications would need to be made? If anyone has done this please share. I have liked them ever since I first saw them and would like to install them in my car if I can make them work. Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
shift knob yes, all mazdas uses the same thread pitch, its the matter of taking yours off, and putting the NC knob on

the parking brake though... the designs are different

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kyriian for the info. Can you explain a little further on the brake handle? Is the cylinder bigger in circumference than that of the NB. Is it longer, shorter? Some weird mechanism in the NC or a different way of connecting it? I don't mind doing some work to modify it to make it fit if it is in fact doable. If it is utterly impossible I don't want to waste my money though. Any more info you can provide would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Swapped NB shift knob (actually FD shift knob that was in NB) to NC tonight - same thread pitch as expected. Just confirming previous poster. :)

Brake handle is press fit but have not swapped so can't comment on how NC may/may not differ sorry.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Bluechicken. Thanks for the confirmation on the knob. If it is at all possible, could you do the same for the brake handle? I am interested to know if the NC handle is too large or small in circumference to fit on the NB hand brake shaft. Is it too long or too short? Does the release button mechanism work the same? Again I am not opposed to doing some modifications to make it work but if it is entirely out of the question, then I will need to think of something else to use. I would really like to use the Mazdaspeed Carbon/aluminum shift knob/brake handle in my interior. Hopefully to go along with some other carbon bits in the future. Thanks again for your time and help. I appreciate it. Cheers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm pretty sure that just as all gens have common shift knob fit, the brake handle fit will be common too. However, I am not sure as I have not yet swapped my NC brake handle (never bothered changing my NB either).

I can measure the NC brake handle length easy enough if it helps?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts