ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I posted here, although I have been lurking around for a long time. I just recently picked up a 2007 sport with the standard audio system. First thing I noticed is that the lower speakers in the doors are either blown or unplugged, Is there any suggestions from anyone here as to what to replace them with? I will be replacing the upper speakers in the door as well and putting a small amp on them all. Next I want to put a couple of 8" subs in the cubbies behind the seats. I've heard of people doing a setup like this, but have not been able to find any pictures or information about the setup, after extensive searching. If someone could please point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would suggest Polk audio mm6501 for the doors... I could send some pics of my install if you like... I saw the idea about the speakers in the cubbys, but I opted for a fiberglass enclosure in the trunk left side... One 10", Polk audio mm1040.... Requires very little space and sounds amazing... Good luck

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's been forever since I came to the forum.. I've purchased my first NC. it's a 2012 Sport and I need a little advise for audio upgrade. I don't know if the stock units ae just junk or mine is way past its prime, but it sounds awful. In my NAs I've replaced HUs with single din Kenwood, Alpine and some cheap brands, the cheap stuff is worthless but the Kenwood and Alpine units were pretty decent. My '91 has a Kenwood HU and I think I put some Infinity speakers in the doors and some brand things in the headrest. Even without an amp, the setup plays loud enough and good enough (to my bad ears) and I'd be happy with equivalent results in the NC. It definitely sucks in comparison.

I'd like to ask how the NC might do with some decent speakers like the Polk which have high sensitivity and one of those HUs the make now (either single din or double din) I don't want a bunch of functions and stuff, I just want something that'll play radio stations well and hook up to my phone via bluetooth so I can use the Waze and listen to Pandora. I don't listen to bass heavy stuff like hip hop or rap or whatever it's called, I'm an old guy and enjoy Led Zeppelin, Steely Dan, and such.

I'd appreciate some feedback particularly if you have first hand experience with these things. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts