ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have an MSM. It was dope, but I couldn't get over how much the engine tune sucked. Before I could go full FM Hydra on it I got laid off and had to sell it.

A few years later, I'm finally getting my **** together and building the car I wanted the MSM to be.

I had a hundred pictures on this thing from when I bought it new to where it is now. But I'm a fool with all his media saved on one hard drive and no backups. When you chose to do this, invariably the hard drive will fail and you will lose everything. So I'm going to pick up from where it is now and try to retroactively fill in the gaps.

I am at an exciting time in the build. Expect this thread to fill out with lots of pics and vids coming up. But for now, I'll get it kicked off with the goods.

Where It is now:
2013 Club

Chassis:
Soft top delete
Blackbird Fabworx GT3
Removable hard top
Ohlins DFV
Racing Beat sway bars & end links
Enkei PF01SS 17X9 +48
Yokohama S-Drive 235/40/17

Engine:
ECUTek RaceRom

Cosmetic stuff:
AutoExe steering wheel
Redline Goods shift & Pbrake boot
Voodoo shift knob
Euro fog light bezels
Pioneer AVIC-5000NEX
Stubby antenna

·
Hardparker Extraordinaire
3,388 Posts
Nice build so far, i remember your old car.

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
..And this is where its going. :haiguyths:

Pictured above is a Fab9 EFR 6758 bottom mount V-band turbo kit, GWR triple pass radiator and Moroso coolant overflow with silicon hoses.

Not pictured, but being installed at the same time is a fully built 2.5 MZR, 3" turbo back exhaust, Quaife ATB differential and 3.73 R&P and a AIM MXS Strada digital dash. That stuff will be in the thread by September.

:-3

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice build so far, i remember your old car.
Hey dude. I'm really looking forward to catching up with those that still hang out here. I have lots to look at, I've been out of the forum game since 2011. Nice to see you're still around.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Nice looking NC! Solid start and dat churbo should make a bit more interesting to drive! Look forward to seeing your progress! :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
629 Posts
You are literally building what I put down on paper a few weeks ago as my next Miata street car project/day dream. I'm excited to see the results and power numbers.

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are literally building what I put down on paper a few weeks ago as my next Miata street car project/day dream. I'm excited to see the results and power numbers.
The 2.5 turbo club will be the final form of a 15 year-long dream of mine. I have only a limited idea of where power will be. No one has yet done what my exact configuration will be and posted about it so I'll be sure to get some data out there. Its pretty much a no cost spared project and a development car for one particular component that is undisclosed.

ECUTek RACEROM allows for four on-the-fly maps to switch to. Here's what I'll have based on the fuel available around me.

91 octane/low boost
91 octane/med boost
100 octane/high boost
E85/high boost

I'm guessing the power levels will be around 280,330,370,400+

Real talk though - I am not going in with power expectations. The engine builder and installer is going to be an expert (not me) and whatever he produces should be awesome, regardless of dyno numbers.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I saw this name and had to do a double take because I remember it from back in the DAY!

Good stuff man, this NC looks super cool with the factory hard top. Much excitement for the turbo powers!

How do you like the ohlins on there?

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yo! Happy to see elder users still around. I remember when only 2008 & earlier accounts were considered OG.

The Ohlins are spectacular. I wanted a street setup because the midwestern roads around me are rough. The DFVs are luxury compared to the big dollar AFCOs I had on the MSM. So much more refinement from this set. I added a touch more preload that what was recommended to maybe simulate a higher spring ratio on transitions and I think I nailed it. Its not as sharp as a race set up, but it makes the car so much better. Also, maybe this is an NC chassis thing, but the adj. sway bars keep their setting way better than the MSM. I used to have to reset the sway bars every week due to pops and rattles. This setup stays quiet.

The whole car is so quiet right now that my biggest problem is hearing the metal shavings inside the box frame tumble around because I didn't vacuum out the space when I drilled for the roll bar.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Kyle!!!! (if my very very poor memory serves me correct, please kick me in the nuts if I'm way off)

We both went from MSM, to not working, to 2013 Club! Let's make a blood pact to keep this Miata.

<3

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kyle!!!! (if my very very poor memory serves me correct, please kick me in the nuts if I'm way off)

We both went from MSM, to not working, to 2013 Club! Let's make a blood pact to keep this Miata.

<3
Ly! My best buddy I never met when I came to California! aw you membered my name.. :claugh:

I'm def keeping this car. But if you sell yours then I guess I have to as well. I gotta check your threads and see what you've been up to. You had a few projects between that I never got to see lol.

cheers dude.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Ly! My best buddy I never met when I came to California! aw you membered my name.. :claugh:

I'm def keeping this car. But if you sell yours then I guess I have to as well. I gotta check your threads and see what you've been up to. You had a few projects between that I never got to see lol.

cheers dude.
Haha I remember when you came! We had agreed to clash some beers, but I was right in the middle of my second midlife crisis and probably not the best person to hangout with. That's about the time I lost my MSM too... :cry2:

Edit: I can't wait for your pics to start working.

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are hosted on M.net. I'll get some native to CR and post 'em up. Btw, the photos in your thread don't work for me.. :( I'll check again when I'm on the home computer.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Photobucket is dead to me. And so is m.net. Post pics here so I can oogle them please and thank you. :)

·
Mufasa in Training
32,361 Posts
Yo! Happy to see elder users still around. I remember when only 2008 & earlier accounts were considered OG.
[Looks down, polishes fingernails on shirt]

Day 1, Member #6 right hurr.

...Not that I keep track (because the forum software does it for me :lol:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts