ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAD renders of the ND we're building with Mazda. It'll be a track rat that we'll give rides in. It's our primary parts development car so it'll be a bit different every time we take it out. Roll bar is just teh concept drawing. Blackbird Fabworx will build the actual bar for soft top delete. Should be mostly ready and displayed at SEMA in the Maxxis outdoor booth. 17x9 with 235/40/17. I can't wait to drive it!

https://www.facebook.com/SuperMiata
https://www.facebook.com/949Racing

Booty

·
Beggars can't be choosers.
1,454 Posts
Awesome concept. Sub'd

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I feel like lots of people want a removable hardtop, but mazda is never going to do that. I wonder what track builds like this are going to do for aero.

Plans for the car look sweet. Digging the collaboration with Blackbird. Not sure if I dig the bronze wheels yet.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wait, so Mazda is not going to offer a hardtop for NDs? That sucks.
Not initially, no. They didn't sell enough NC tops and that's what they are basing their decision on. I spoke with the Manager of Accessory Operations and Marketing a few weeks ago. Warehouse space is also a concern for what was a slow moving item. He said he'd like to do one if the dealers can sell it. They'll review it again in a year or so depending on sales of the car. Meanwhile, the crafty engineers built a HT mounting points in on the rear deck, hidden under two plastic covers. Their hope is the aftermarket will supply HT's. We are working on a fully sealed, glass window HT with an optional plastic window race race skin version. If the project pans out, we might have something ready to ship by spring 2016. Naturally, we won't keep that top a secret if we have it ready to sell.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Not initially, no. They didn't sell enough NC tops and that's what they are basing their decision on. I spoke with the Manager of Accessory Operations and Marketing a few weeks ago. Warehouse space is also a concern for what was a slow moving item. He said he'd like to do one if the dealers can sell it. They'll review it again in a year or so depending on sales of the car. Meanwhile, the crafty engineers built a HT mounting points in on the rear deck, hidden under two plastic covers. Their hope is the aftermarket will supply HT's. We are working on a fully sealed, glass window HT with an optional plastic window race race skin version. If the project pans out, we might have something ready to ship by spring 2016. Naturally, we won't keep that top a secret if we have it ready to sell.

So there will be a Hard Top one way or another- cool!:D

1 - 20 of 59 Posts