ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Do any of you know of a reputable welder/muffler shop to remove my resonator on my exhaust and weld in a replacement section. My exhaust is stainless so stainless piping is preffered.

Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
85 Posts
where in socal are we talking?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Why is it people say So CAl. That covers an area from the border all the way to the Grapevine and even arguably to Bakersfield.

Just say what city your in.

·
4,296 Posts
would you really refer speedway muffler?
i have asked them to do some things that i wasnt happy with.(like custom down pipe)
i would not consider them a "Custom performance Fabrication "shop.
i would let them do minor stuff though, like exhaust repair.
actually ive gone there alot, not totally happy always, but they can do it. i have to decide what level of fabrication i want when i go there.

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
especially stainless I wouldn't trust speedway to do that...

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
Sorry, can't help I'm in San Diego.
You wouldn't drive an hour and a half to LA if it meant having someone do much higher quality work than another place done?

People say SoCal because they are willing to drive somewhere in SoCal for professional work, cheaping out on your daily transportation just isn't smart to me.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I know, Fred. That's how forums are.

FWD fails for thread cluttering.

Anywho, if I can talk to my old welding instructor I'll see if he can do some work for you. The problem is he works a lot so he may not have time. He does great work, though.

Fred, if you really want to try tackle it yourself I have a mig welder you can probably use.

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
Hey Fred I say you go to Harbor Freight and buy a welder, learn how to weld stainless and then start doing custom work out of the garage. I don't think the wife would mind LOL...

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Fred I say you go to Harbor Freight and buy a welder, learn how to weld stainless and then start doing custom work out of the garage. I don't think the wife would mind LOL...
You dont think I thought of that allready? It has crossed my mind many times.....

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know, Fred. That's how forums are.

FWD fails for thread cluttering.

Anywho, if I can talk to my old welding instructor I'll see if he can do some work for you. The problem is he works a lot so he may not have time. He does great work, though.

Fred, if you really want to try tackle it yourself I have a mig welder you can probably use.

Dont think I will try it myself, Brian, but I'm willing to let you have a go at it. If it gets F up then that will just give me a real excuse to buy a new exhaust. LMK

1 - 16 of 16 Posts