ClubRoadster.net banner

need alignment help

925 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  j0oftheworld 
#1 ·
alright this is what i got 15x7 10mm offset with a 205/50/15 falken azenis RT615 tires and the car is lowered some. i am not real sure as to what kind of alignment i want but i need something that will able to tuck some tire since the tires rub on the front. what i want is a good alignment for auto-x that i can drive on daily. i never have gotten a alignment for performance before and not sure what to get. can anyone offer some sugestions?

#4 ·
Where do the wheels/tires rub? Fender lip? Fender liner? You've got a pretty extreme wheel setup with an unknown suspension setup (I'm assuming KYB AGX and some lowering springs?????) so your options are more limited. If I were you I'd ask them to dial in 1.5 degrees camber up front, as much caster as possible (since there is a trade off between caster/camber you have to give up one to get more of the other), zero toe front. For the rear I'd ask for 2 degrees camber and 1/8 total toe in (1/16" per side). If you can't achieve those numbers because of your ride height or wheel fitment issues then I suggest rolling your fenders some more or changing your suspension to something with greater adjustment (either ride height adjustable coilovers or offset poly bushings.

#5 ·
I usually get at least 4 degrees caster but I'm only running a more conventional 1.5 degrees camber. I've seen as high as 6 degrees caster with only 1 degree of camber. More caster will make the steering wheel want to return to center but can make it feel heavier to turn.

#6 ·
i have tanabe sustec pro-ss coilovers. i have rolled all 4 fenders and the wheels rub on the fron under bumbs and hard turning. i had some 13x8 with zero offset with 205/60/13 tire and did not have any issues witht them but i have lifted my car since then.

also i check on the azenis they are wider then most 205's so that might be part of my issue

#9 ·
Give 2.5F, and 2.25R. Toe a little out in front for better turn in, and little in on the rear for my stability on exiting corners. Caster, depends, got p/s, then go above 4, don't, then go for 4. Alignment is a trial and error thing, gotta keep working at it. Think also about corner balance too, if you get even more serious.

#14 ·
FWD more rear camber
RWD more front camber
Has alot to do w. mid level cornering and accel'ng w. a limited contact patch.

Hardcore miata racers use -3.2F and -2.6R
At my alignment of -2.6/-2.1 I still wear out the outer edges of my tires front and rear.. although it's very even front and rear. Makes tire life better being able to swap L/R/F/R.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.