ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my computer
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gateway+-+Desktop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B+i5+Processor+/+8GB+Memory+/+1TB+Hard+Drive/3155928.p?id=1218380518359&skuId=3155928

This is my graphics card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150564

This is my power supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152028&Tpk=rx-530ss

Here is my explanation of wtf is going wrong:

I hook everything up correctly. Turn the computer on with my hdmi hooked in to my graphics card. I log on to windows. Insert the setup disk for the card. run through setup, it installs everything except a C++ file (i forget what the error said, but I know it was some C++ file type deal) and as normally after installation of a graphics card, I restart my computer. The computer goes through the load screen and then comes up to the Windows 7 load screen where the four little colorful balls circle around, come together and form the Windows logo and pulses. It pulses for about a minute then my computer screen tells me "No Signal". The computer is still running. Since I can't get a signal, I restart the computer. I've unistalled all the driver files for the graphics card about 6 times. I'm running in safe mode right now. What the hell is going on? I need help with this asap.
With this C++ thing, I installed it through windows update also. yet still nothing on getting my computer to go past windows 7 start up window.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Don't use the drivers from the CD, just download and install the latest ATI driver package.

Also next time buy a real power supply, that thing is a pile of poo. Seasonic or Corsair next time.

·
Banned
607 Posts
revert back to last known good configuration. Stop using bundled drivers, and download the latest available from www.amd.com

try again and report

·
Banned
607 Posts
avoid windows updates for drivers, just download the entire catalyst package

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, thats what I started to do, figured it would be the better of choices. Still downloading. My computer decides when it wants to download fast or slow.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eff yeah! Lesson learned. Never use bundled driver's, and always download directly from the site.
Thank you so much for your help!!

Will I have problems with this power supply? If so, I'll go ahead and order a different one.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Eff yeah! Lesson learned. Never use bundled driver's, and always download directly from the site.
Thank you so much for your help!!

Will I have problems with this power supply? If so, I'll go ahead and order a different one.
If it's fine under load (gaming) you'll probably be ok. That said, I prefer to spend a couple more bucks and have something that has stable voltages and won't melt your stuff if it blows up.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Looking at your specs, the GDDR5 video card and the power supply. Although 550Watts of Power supply is decent I would recommend at least 700Watts for it. I learned the hard way. bought one of the first gddr5 1gb video cards and had a 550 and for some weird reason I had so much **** my cables melted. Lesson learned and never again. Always get more than what you're supposed to. Try to get a good Thermaltake Supply. In any case if you're having weird monitor problems it's the video card. If you're not going past the boot screen it's the power supply. If your display looks shitty it might be the graphic card driver.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Looking at your specs, the GDDR5 video card and the power supply. Although 550Watts of Power supply is decent I would recommend at least 700Watts for it. I learned the hard way. bought one of the first gddr5 1gb video cards and had a 550 and for some weird reason I had so much **** my cables melted. Lesson learned and never again. Always get more than what you're supposed to. Try to get a good Thermaltake Supply. In any case if you're having weird monitor problems it's the video card. If you're not going past the boot screen it's the power supply. If your display looks shitty it might be the graphic card driver.
Thermaltake makes **** power supplies too. Either you buy Seasonic, Corsair (which is rebranded Seasonic), Antec or PPAC. Most everything else isn't worth your money. The OP could easily run his box on a quality 450w power supply, but headroom is always nice. For reference, I have an AMD Phenom (quad), Radeon 4890, seven hard drives and four 120mm fans with a Corsair 550w. His card uses significantly less power than mine.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
When that power supply starts to whine you will know it's going to die. You dont need massive amounts of power for a PC with a single GPU, but a high quality PSU with around 600 watts should do you right.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry, PC suites my need.
If I needed to use good music programs or some editing software, then I would go mac.

Funny picture haha

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Macs have their uses, but for most people...

·
Banned
607 Posts
Macs have their uses, but for most people...

This kinda applies to just about every Apple product... The fan boys always go, oh look what this can do. If you show them your cheaper device doing it better, they will insist it's not the same. If their device breaks, they'll go out of their way bending over backwards to get a replacement through apple care. When I break an Android phone, I make a call, and get a replacement shipped next day air. Apparently, my device isn't "special" enough to warrant retarded warranty practices, thats why I have better warranty?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts