ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls,

I need ideas on controversial topics (as stated in the title). I need to write a persuasive essay and most of the good topics are already taken. We can write about ANYTHING, so any ideas will be good :]

The only requirement is that it needs an opposing side, so that I can argue against it.... duh.

I really appreciate your help in advance :D

-Ana

·
Registered
945 Posts
You can do something fun like Superman is better than Batman which has every attribute to be a great debate or persuasive essay while keeping it interesting and loaded with researchable facts.

Serious one can be Should English be the World language?

...But how many serious topics does your professor want to read about abortion and global warming and legal or politcal views on health care. Be creative and have fun with it.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Animal hybrid genetics. Lots of stuff on the topic. You can find the stuff pending senate vote or pending in the house. Lots of religious bible thumpers are against it thinking doctors are playing god trying to make manbearpig, when in reality they are creating new ways to create replacement organs and superior genes to resist disease and genetic defects.

My vote it make a persuasive paper on why the should allow doctors to make manbearpig and that you really want a turtle shell.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm doing mine on nanotechnology. Everyone else in my class seems to pick boring topics like abortion, global warming, gun control. Yawn.
I'm technology retarded. That won't work out for me -___- Thank you though ^.^

^^^ +1 on those ideas. You can also do welfare and something about the border and illegal immigrants, always winners.
illegal immigration might work, but I would need to narrow it down. Thank you! :]

You can do something fun like Superman is better than Batman which has every attribute to be a great debate or persuasive essay while keeping it interesting and loaded with researchable facts.

Serious one can be Should English be the World language?

...But how many serious topics does your professor want to read about abortion and global warming and legal or politcal views on health care. Be creative and have fun with it.
He prefers light-hearted topics because everyone is doing really serious ones. I would like a light-hearted one myself. That superhero one is good! I'm not a comic geek or anything, but I can do some research :] Thank you! :D

Advancement and improved efficiency of current piston engine designs vs alternitive fuel vehicles.

the IC engine, as old as it is, still does some amazing things, where alt fuel cars are still in their early stages of development.
I tried to throw a car topic at him... He wasn't so fond of it. There was previous assignment we had to do; finding an article of our choice and looking for any type of metaphors... So I looked through some of my magazines and found one on an Rx7... He had no clue of what I was talking about. I would like him to understand what I'm talking about, for the sake of my grade LOL, but I appreciate your input :] Thanks!

Animal hybrid genetics. Lots of stuff on the topic. You can find the stuff pending senate vote or pending in the house. Lots of religious bible thumpers are against it thinking doctors are playing god trying to make manbearpig, when in reality they are creating new ways to create replacement organs and superior genes to resist disease and genetic defects.

My vote it make a persuasive paper on why the should allow doctors to make manbearpig and that you really want a turtle shell.
LOL. Someone is actually writing a topic on human cloning. She kind of has all the important points :/ But that is a very interesting topic! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Yes! The super hero one should be good! (^_^ )

That or persuade between 2 foods. Why is a burger/hot dog better than a hot dog/burger? Why is beer/hard liquor better than hard liquor/beer? Yeap!

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
States where anal penetration is illegal, but you are allowed to get suppositories by doctors and poop in.

Michigans new bullying law that allows bullying if it is because of a religious belief. By this kids can harass gays because their church says it's wrong, you can bully pegnant teens because they are whores going to hell with their bastard children, you can bully fat kids because they do not take care of their body which is their temple, you can be a terrorist and make fun of stupid Americans for their belief in god, you can bully people of different religious belief. This is all LEGAL. What again is the point of bully laws when bullying is harassment? Stupid people is what.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes! The super hero one should be good! (^_^ )

That or persuade between 2 foods. Why is a burger/hot dog better than a hot dog/burger? Why is beer/hard liquor better than hard liquor/beer? Yeap!
I think hard liquor is better than beer, imho, but i can look into it :] Food is always a good topic! Thanks sr20de_man!

States where anal penetration is illegal, but you are allowed to get suppositories by doctors and poop in.

Michigans new bullying law that allows bullying if it is because of a religious belief. By this kids can harass gays because their church says it's wrong, you can bully pegnant teens because they are whores going to hell with their bastard children, you can bully fat kids because they do not take care of their body which is their temple, you can be a terrorist and make fun of stupid Americans for their belief in god, you can bully people of different religious belief. This is all LEGAL. What again is the point of bully laws when bullying is harassment? Stupid people is what.
Hmmmm, well, this is all a bit too heavy for me.... but I can see your frustration. There are a lot of laws that contradict themselves and/or are perceived differently. Thanks for all your ideas 1vicissitude! :]

·
Registered
945 Posts
Are you a fan of Banksy? He can stir up some contriversy all around the world through his art, views of trespassing, and other crap. Shepard fairy is one to look into if you feel complelled to write about plagerism and copyright laws and graffitti..

Both are brilliant artists

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you a fan of Banksy? He can stir up some contriversy all around the world through his art, views of trespassing, and other crap. Shepard fairy is one to look into if you feel complelled to write about plagerism and copyright laws and graffitti..

Both are brilliant artists
I have no idea who either of these artists are.. :oops: BUT i do like art :] I'll look into it, thanks mysteryskittle!

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
One last idea, a friend actually did this once. Why all women should be lesbians and men should just masturbate. He made all these funny ass posters of stick figure lesbians, stick figures having sex but with a red cross scratching it out, and a picture of a stick figure whacking it with a big thumbs up next to it. His arguement was for the sake of stopping disease. Lesbians have the lowest chance of spreading disease, and you can't get or spread stds whacking it. The whole class included the teacher was in tears by the end of it, and now we have some sweet posters in the garage haha.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Love

1 - 20 of 101 Posts