ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it again. I blew the seals on my miata greddy turbo. I just had the turbo re-built about a year ago and it cost me like $425. So my big question is, should I re-build the turbo againor try to find another turbo that fits the miata greddy kit. And I HAVE to find out by late tonight/early tommorow.

The Turbo is a TD04H-15G

And does anyone know if there is another turbo that fits on the miata greddy manifold and works with the downpipe(I have a mazdaracing one/ should be the same) as well.

·
2,708 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't you have to re-align the tubo?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a bunch, but I still don't know if I need to re-balance my turbo after. Someone mentioned that you use a t25 or a t3(off a volvo) in place of the greddy one.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The turbo could be replaced with a small t25. But then you'll need to modify or replace your downpipe.

I would get a rebuild kit from a place like gpopshop and freshen up what you have. What was wrong with the turbo? From the description, I suspect too much oil pressure blowing the seal ?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
how are you blowing the seals?

a rebuild costs $40 and an hour's time. I suggest something else is causing oil to go past the seals....fix that, and you'll be back in business.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Have you seen a WRX turbo....not even close...

Any Garrett T25 will fit on the manifold, but will not fit the DP.

what I'm saying is, you could fit a GT2560 or GT2554 or something it....Then since the stock greddy DP sucks ass anyways, build a new 2.5" DP with the correct flange for the turbo and be in business.

However, if your drain line is clogging or oil pressures are too high, etc., you'll still see the same amount of oil/smoke everywhere....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts