ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 1.6L miata and sometimes when i shift my car acts like it has turbo lag but i dont have a turbo, after i shift the car will kinda of bog down and accelerate slowly then all of the sudden it will like jump and start accelerating fast. im not sure what it is. I have done some research and thinking maybe its something with fuel and i might need like a powercard for the none turbo miatas because i have the jackson racing intake, headers, borla exhuast, and i advanced the igintion timing to 14 degrees but im not sure whats causing it, any thoughts?

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Cat, plugs, wires, (Miatas eat these. Replace every 15-20k if not earlier) Battery on its way out not providing enough juice?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked my plugs today and they looked fine.I changed the plugs and plug wires about 10000 miles ago

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm having the same problem but after 30-45 minute drive when I get on it hard it acts like its not getting fuel. Changed the fuel filter, got better throttle response but the car still sputters when i "mash on it" after long drives.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Man alit of 1.6's have been having this problem lately. Including mine. But mine is a long nose crank so I doubt it's the crank problem. Mine stopped after I checked some codes. The o2 sensor was bad. I also cleaned the iac. It helped alot. But still does it when it's cold.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Mines the 1.8L I got a 94

·
Registered
660 Posts
The flapper door on my airflow meter used to get stuck lol... No clue how it happened, but that would definitely affect your air fuel mixtures, so check into that.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Changed my fuel filter it helped but it seems I need to drop my tank and clean it bc it's acting up again

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,880 Posts
Did you check your CAS bolts after advancing the timing to make sure it's not loose and moving around causing your timing to change around randomly? Also advancing your timing to 14 degrees moves your power band into the higher rpm's so maybe this is what you're experiencing. However my car is set to 14 degrees and I feel plenty of power in the lower rpm's but there is a noticeable power increase once you hit the higher rpm's(naturally).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts