ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a second hand wheel which aparently came off a '93 NA. Though after looking at it against the standard early NA wheel it's not OEM. The face is set back slightly to be flush with the back edge of the wheel itself and it's a slightly smaller diameter than OEM.

However, there are no markings on it at all, so I don't know the make or model of it. It looks like it's been painted at some point in the past, and the closest thing i've found to it was, I think, the "Personal Monza" wheel. Anyone have any better ideas?

I've been through every page in the steering wheel thread, but not yet found a match

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Momo knock off?

That horn button is the momo logo except it usually hase the letters "momo" in between the arrows.

Sent from my super cool phone, using my thumbs.

·
Supporting Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, that's what confused me at first, as I know Momo's (Atleast all the ones I've seen) have markings and logo's on them. So I can only assume that someone in the past replaced the standard wheel with this and fitted the original horn button, then sold the car.

With furst searching, the closest thing I've found is the "personal neo actis":

It's the closest I've seen shape wise in the spokes and wheel itself, and doesn't seem to have any markings on the spokes. The thing confusing me right now though is that the material on mine is sewn at the bottom, and not around the sides. But I can't rule out it having been retrimmed as there's evidence that the spokes have been repainted at some point, and the material on the spokes are seperate pieces, and not quite the same profile and size of the Neo Actis

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Honestly, its probably a ebay special. Most wheels worth noting with have some kind of engraving marks on them. My buddy has one that looks a lot like yours except blue leather. Stitching is not quality, nor is the paint... so that might be what your seeing.

Sent from my super cool phone, using my thumbs.

·
Supporting Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I picked it up I thought it looked like a Momo, and since it came with a Momo horn I didn't really question it much. When I noticed the complete lack of markings though I thought something wasn't right.
Eitherways, i'll fit it tomorrow, put a bit of weight on it to make sure it doesn't bend like a certain video on youtube with a fake Nardi, and probably paint it properly if it's decent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts