ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im tryin to install my compustar pager alarm in my 92 base model im going by this chart that i found online, but there are some wires that i am unsure of, ill list them let me know if you can help the "*" are the ones i know
the "?" are the ones i dont know

i was quoted 199-250 to install this at an audio place today, i'd rather see if i can do it myself im a decent mechanic but i dont know what these things meant or where to connect some of them thanks for any help u can provide- nik 1992 na
compustar 2wssr twoway

1 brown (12v to siren) *
2 green/white (power to parking light) *
3 red (12v constant) *
4 black (ground) *

1 green/white (-)200ma light output*
2 white (-)200ma horn output*
3 yellow (-)200ma aux1 output ?
4 yellow white (-)200ma aux2 output ?
5 violet (-)200ma output to start kill ?
6 green (+) ignition input *
7 violet (-)200ma dome light output*
8 orange (-)200ma rearm output ?
9 orange/white (-)200ma disarm output ?

1 gray/black (-) hood pin input ?
2 violet/black (-) trunk trigger input ?
3 red/white (-) door trigger input ?
4 red (+) door trigger input ?
5 black/white (-) optional trigger 2nd input ?
6 gray/white (-) optional trigger 1st input ?

1 (x) (+) ?
2 violet/white (-)250ma trunk output ?
3 orange/black(-)250ma 1nd unlock output ?
4 blue (-)250ma unlock out ?
5 blue/black (-)250ma lock output ?
6 (x) (-) ?

1 led -*
2 led +*

1 shock sensor *
2 -
3 -
4 -

4 antenna *
3-
2-
1-

4 remote pager*
3-
2-
1-

i also picked up a pair of door actuators to make the keyless entry work

·
Registered
332 Posts
what exactly are you asking? are you asking if they are the right colors? which place did you get the info from? i installed 2 alarms on my car and my sisters car and i went to bulldogsecurity.com or something like that?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the ones that i put the "?" next to are the ones that i have no idea where to connect that wire to

this list is the wires coming out of the alarm brain

·
CR.net Supporter
676 Posts

1 (x) (+) ?
6 (x) (-) ?
Aux is just that, auxiliary. It's extra wiring for the manufacturer to add on gadgets later.
Hood pin... kit should have come with a solid metal, spring loaded hood pin. Basically, if the hood is open, then the pin grounds out and sets off the alarm.
Same thing with the doors, except there's already a spring loaded pin from the factory. The little weatherproof switch that activates the lights should work out for you. (The optional trigger inputs can be used with the pass. door)
Trunk trigger is if you have a power actuated trunk release. (I think)...

Thats to the best of my knowledge. :mrgreen:

·
OG Member
583 Posts
Here's some help. As slydin miata 619 stated, check bulldogsecurity.com and check Vehicle wiring diagrams. If you don't feel comfortable doing this install, I highly recommend you have a professional install this alarm. Places such as Best Buy or Circuit City may install the alarm, and have the added security of a labor warranty.

Not used
Not used
Connects to the starter kill relay on pin #85(directions should be included for the starter kill relay)

Not used unless for various sensors
Same as above

Connect to a pin switch or mercury switch to detect hood opening(must be grounded when triggered)
Same as above but for trunk
connect to map light wire (will detect both doors)
Not used
Not used unless other options (radar sensor)
Same as above

1 (x) (+) ?
Not used
Not used unless trunk solenoid and relay is installed
Not used unless controlling driver door only on disarm
This will tie into the relays controlling your door actuators (unlock)
Same as above but (lock)
6 (x) (-) ?
Not used

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's some help. As slydin miata 619 stated, check bulldogsecurity.com and check Vehicle wiring diagrams. If you don't feel comfortable doing this install, I highly recommend you have a professional install this alarm. Places such as Best Buy or Circuit City may install the alarm, and have the added security of a labor warranty.

Not used
Not used
Connects to the starter kill relay on pin #85(directions should be included for the starter kill relay)

Not used unless for various sensors
Same as above

Connect to a pin switch or mercury switch to detect hood opening(must be grounded when triggered)
Same as above but for trunk
connect to map light wire (will detect both doors)
Not used
Not used unless other options (radar sensor)
Same as above

1 (x) (+) ?
Not used
Not used unless trunk solenoid and relay is installed
Not used unless controlling driver door only on disarm
This will tie into the relays controlling your door actuators (unlock)
Same as above but (lock)
6 (x) (-) ?
Not used

hey man thanks alot, ill try to finish it up tomorrow i feel good doing it, it's just my 1st time doing an alarm, i've done turbo timers and all that execpt those where much easier

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

are you talking about the pin on the ecu?

·
OG Member
583 Posts

No, you will have to interrupt the start wire (should be black/blue in ignition harness) with a Bosch or similar relay and the violet wire will attach to pin #85 on that relay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

No, you will have to interrupt the start wire (should be black/blue in ignition harness) with a Bosch or similar relay and the violet wire will attach to pin #85 on that relay
i have a relay that is attached to that violet wire, the relay has two thick wires coming out of it solid yellow and yellow with black stripe, and also a smaller green wire ground maybe? do i cut the blue/black ignition wire and connect the yellow and yellow w/black wire to it?

·
OG Member
583 Posts
i have a relay that is attached to that violet wire, the relay has two thick wires coming out of it solid yellow and yellow with black stripe, and also a smaller green wire ground maybe? do i cut the blue/black ignition wire and connect the yellow and yellow w/black wire to it?
Hook up the green wire to constant 12 volts, that should be the the power for the relay. Connect the solid yellow to one end of the cut blue/black and the yellow/black to the other cut blue/black. Once the alarm is armed the relay should click engaging the starter kill.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hook up the green wire to constant 12 volts, that should be the the power for the relay. Connect the solid yellow to one end of the cut blue/black and the yellow/black to the other cut blue/black. Once the alarm is armed the relay should click engaging the starter kill.
i did that one already, now i trying to program the remote to it, it says turn the ignition off and on 5times then i should heard the relay click 3 times then 2 times again then i need to put the battery into the remote. but the relays not clicking any idea? im 100% sure the relay parts connected correctly it starts still and everything

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright thanks everyone for puttin there 2cents in i got it working and i love it i was thinking to hard the install was easy hahah

1 - 14 of 14 Posts