ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there fellow roadsters. So i was changing my brakes today because i started hearing wired noises when i started breaking so i figures it was my brakes. so i changed my driver side break pads no problem and then i started to work on my passenger side then i noticed something that made me worry. Once i got the caliper off i noticed that the brake pads were missing the springs and one of the squealers. i'm not sure how important these two items are to the brake system but i put the new pads on as a temporary fix because the other pads were completely gone. My question for you guys is a two parter 1. where can i buy new springs and squealer or do i have to buy new calipers? because the new brakes i got didnt come with these items. 2. i know that its bad for me to drive like this but the sound only happens when i am braking at a low speed and the car doesnt shake, would i be able to get away with a few days of light/moderate driving with this kinds of set up?

I have a few pics that aren't mine but help explain when i'm talking about A: represents the springs and C: represents the squealers

the second pic is what everything looks like when its on the caliper

any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: need help with breaks!!!!!

Its pronounce brakes. The room title has it spelled right. Sorry just kinda annoying reading your post.

I would get new hardware regardless. New pads..new hardware even if it has to be from autozone or pepboys. Over time the hardware stress and loses strength. The hardware is what helps the pads move within the bracket ( the spring helps position the pad back to its neutral position from compression). Just make sure that you can compress your piston easily with the reservoir cap open. If not then its siezed up. Kinda what happen to my bro n laws rear miata calipers. both of them seized.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: need help with breaks!!!!!

yeah i'm kind of an idiot but thanks for the correction

·
Registered
15 Posts
My fault. I know his meaning... just reading the thread and seeing breaks breaks was like it broke? Also i meant no harm as I provided some of my thoughts on the matter. Thanks for the clarification.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts