ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I'm fed up with my little roadster sounding like a little roadster. I really like the racing beat dual exhaust:

But I want to change a few things about it so I'm going the custom route. I would like the same placement as the RB product but I will be having the tips exit higher to better fit my soon to be cut bumper.

I'm shopping around for mufflers with similar inlet/outlet configuration. I would rather the inlet be switched with the outlet on the left side (in perspective to the picture) this way the exhaust outlets could angle up smoothly.

So far the best candidate I've found for a muffler is the Flowmaster 80 series:
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/index.php?cat=1&sub=7

But I can't find information on which tips are the inlets and which are outlets.

Does anyone know of a muffler with the configuration I'm speaking of?

Essentially I want a muffler with

Front of car
-o-----o-
|. .|
| |
| in |
|out out|
______
Back of car

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
cut the pipe at the muffler and weld them back on at an angle? Or if you have wiggle room with the muffler to where you can push the tips up to where you want them and it falls back down when you let go......bend the front 2 hangers to make it shorter so it raises the front

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cut the pipe at the muffler and weld them back on at an angle? Or if you have wiggle room with the muffler to where you can push the tips up to where you want them and it falls back down when you let go......bend the front 2 hangers to make it shorter so it raises the front

If you look at the RB image the inlet pipe would block the left outlet from being angled up at the muffler.

I'm mostly looking for a muffler that could be setup according to my plans.
Thanks for the response though. I plan on having the muffler rest as high up as possible with hangers.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
The inlet pipe has nothing to do with how the pipe is angled. I'm saying cut at the muffler. Rotate pipe and weld back together. It is going to have the same clearance. You are not bending any pipes or anything. Just rotating them. About the only thing that MIGHT give you any problem is that tab between the inlet and exit pipe. Just cut it off.

I'm sure you could find another muffler though. Plenty of dual tip mufflers out there

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The inlet pipe has nothing to do with how the pipe is angled. I'm saying cut at the muffler. Rotate pipe and weld back together. It is going to have the same clearance. You are not bending any pipes or anything. Just rotating them. About the only thing that MIGHT give you any problem is that tab between the inlet and exit pipe. Just cut it off.

I'm sure you could find another muffler though. Plenty of dual tip mufflers out there
Sorry if I'm in not catching what you're saying, but what I'm saying is on the RB application the exit on the left side swoops below the inlet. Which would make for an ugly set up and not as smooth as if the inlet and outlet on the left side were reversed.

But yes it appears another muffler is the best option. I'm not too sure on what's available out there. The best I found was the above mentioned one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts