ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car won't start of course.
Trys to turn over, goes (im trying here) four times vrr-vrr-vrr-vrr right after the fourth time it stops trying to start completely and makes a whining noise and then cuts off completely. I tried three times in a row. Did it every time after the the fourth "vrr"

Ideas?

The "vrr" noise is the engine trying to start.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Oh boy.

Sent from my super cool phone, using my thumbs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dad is a pain in the *clears throat* to get to come and help me.
I finally got him out there as I have no friends in the area to come help
He says it could be my battery. I put the battery on a charger and waited twenty minutes (10amp charger) and tried. same thing happened.
I put it on the boost setting(50amps) and still nothing.
I tried jumping it with his truck and same outcome.

He says it sounds as if my starter isn't getting enough juice. So I am currently charging another battery that I used to get the car to my house when I first bought it (four/five months ago?) I will check in the morning.
Dad says it is probably my battery.

If that doesn't work I guess I'll take the starter off and take it to the auto parts store and get it tested?

Yes, I'm horrible at trying to describe what is going on, so I try my best to write what it sounds like. lol

Is there a way to cheat the starter or something? like tap on it and get it magically going?

·
Registered
89 Posts
i had the same problem! check your crankshaft sensor! this was the problem on mine

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll go outside now and check the grounds. I have a little oil leak that is big enough to get oil in places so I could see this being an issue. Didn't think to check.

I'll use hitting the starter as a last resort. Thanks for the input.

How do I check the crankshaft sensor? Like, check to see if the contacts are good? Put a test light on it?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'll go outside now and check the grounds. I have a little oil leak that is big enough to get oil in places so I could see this being an issue. Didn't think to check.

I'll use hitting the starter as a last resort. Thanks for the input.

How do I check the crankshaft sensor? Like, check to see if the contacts are good? Put a test light on it?
check the contacts! if are not good tape them very good and give it a try!;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I checked the grounds.
I check the contacts of the sensor. Everything is good. Still same outcome.
I cannot push start it as the car is on jack stands as I'm also fixing a little mishap on the exhaust. (little problem, nothing big)
I'll be taking it off the stands tomorrow, so if everything else fails while on the stands I'll take it off the stands and try to push start it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got a new to me coil pack courtesy of Project-G (I'm amazed with their customer service, probably the best in the world IMO)
Wired it up and no go.
Week later I start thinking:idea:, and hook a code reader up to it, it says connection issues, so i'm like wtf.
Couple days later, I start thinking, connection issues..... so I call a friend and let him hear the car try to start up. Told him I got a known working coil pack. He told me exactly what I did wrong.

Keep it simple stupid. :fp:

I plugged the coil pack in backwards.

Runs like a beast now!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I did kinda the same with the plug wires. :facepalm:

Sent from my super cool phone, using my thumbs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol.
I marked the wires "left" and "right"
I guess when I marked the wires I had the coil pack upside down.
Always something easy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts