ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to get some new wheels must be 15s and 7 or 8 inches wide with low offset but not zero!! i am not cool enough to rock some 0 offset wheels anymore. i have checked out a few used jdm wheel sites but nothing that caught my eye....you guys got any sugestions??

oh yeah i dont want any rota's.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Flyineunos, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. 3-spoke wheels should have died with disco.

+1 to Sportmax +15s.

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Flyineunos, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. 3-spoke wheels should have died with disco.

+1 to Sportmax +15s.
This comming from someone who bought the 6UL's. I know they are lite, but come on....
...now where's my emesis basin...LOL

I like the the sportmax 002 but not feeling the 501's. But the 002 I'd rock are 0 et and not the 38 et 002.

Those MS-03 are better looking in person. Plus few people have them cause they are rare.

·
Registered
720 Posts
i dont care if those mazdaspeed wheels are rare
they are still ugly lol (imo)

i think the 6ul look so much better then them

·
Registered
1,706 Posts

+1 to Sportmax +15s.
This comming from someone who bought the 6UL's. I know they are lite, but come on....
...now where's my emesis basin...LOL

I like the the sportmax 002 but not feeling the 501's. But the 002 I'd rock are 0 et and not the 38 et 002.

Those MS-03 are better looking in person. Plus few people have them cause they are rare.
lol i went to see them in person before i picked up my kei office wheels- they look bad in person too (IMO), the fact that they were super dirty didn't help either...

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Love those MS-03 on your NB. The one's @ rbmotoring are in ok shape but you will need some elbow grease and a couple of rattle cans to spruce things up. Plus for the price he is willing ot let them go at, its a steal.

I think I'm going to get them. That NB just looks great. I will probably paint the centers gold.

Droptopdrifter,
What size are your MS-03's?

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MS-03 are sexy but not for me :(

i checked out takumiproject and did not see anything i wanted so i guess ill keep checking out the used japanese wheel sites. i also looked at the 6ul's they are growing on me.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
i dont care if those mazdaspeed wheels are rare
they are still ugly lol (imo) i think the 6ul look so much better then them
I agree that we disagree.
This is a perfect example of how looks are subjective and that there is no right or wrong answer when it comes to style despite what the masses may try to brainwash you into believing. I agree that some looks are more popular than others. But ain't nothing wrong with form over function or function over form. Different bores for different strokes is what I always say. If I were to ever carry my Mazdaspeed theme through to the end I'd rock some 17x8 Mazdaspeed MS-01 with gold centers and polished lips. Since they have a 5x4.5 PCD I'd have to convert to FD hubs to make it work but it'd totally be worth it. If only I had the cash....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got my new set

Motegi Traklites, 15x7 and 35mm offset. Pretty conservative, but it retains real streetability while still being close to a stock car in steering feel/consistency.

I couldn't speak more for a 10.0lb $200 forged wheel with the 'correct' (imho) offset

There are also huge amounts of spec miata wheels available, but these are all >13lbs by regulation. Usually 30mm or 35mm, dirt cheap and strong. I didn't go with Rotas because 1) everyone has them, and 2) not lightweight enough for me. If you're just looking for style, forget the Motegis. Even to my eye they're not especially pretty, more 'function' than 'form', and you give up serious durability with such light wheels.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts