ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have my softtop and frame off of the car because I ran hardtop, I sold the hardtop and going softop, I am planning on putting on a new top, is it easier putting new top on when frame is on car or off???

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I'd say off. There're some parts that're really tough to get to when it's on the car. Mostly on the bottlom of the B-pillar.
Do you have a roll bar? if so it makes installing the back of the top really hard. I hurt for weeks after scrunching up on the parcel shelf between the bars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok I just put a robbins zipperless glass one on last week with a friend.i would leave it on the car. I have never done anything like his before but its easy enough. I had the frame on the car but the seats were out cause new carpet was going in next. Ok the only realllly hard part was the b-pillar screw TRUST me buy one of these

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccjiaddkemiigjdcefecemldffidflk.0&pid=00941715000&cat=Hand+Tools,+General+Purpose&subcat=Screwdrivers&vertical=TOOL&ihtoken=1

Its like 8 bucks at sears other than that Its pretty easy! Im confident now that I've done it I could do it again in 4hours give or take an hour. Pm me if you get stuck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts