ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys this is really hard to explain what the car is doing but when i first start the car it will turn on rev up a second like every car does when it first startes it goes down to normal idle and then just dies. after it dies i can hear the fuel pump kick on full blast. this also seems to happen at stop lights also. personaly im thinking the car is getting to lean so the car is shutting off is this possible? the setup is a 91 with a jackson racing supercharger, AFPR, Bipes unit, 255 LPM fuel pump(was planning on running more boost soon). flying miata ubercharger intercooler with custom intercooler piping.

i checked all of my lines and they are all connected. anything sound familure? i was going to see about getting new fuel injecters for it. what ones from other stock cars will fit but give performance?

thanks guys im stuck!

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
just a few things:

when you car dies like that, the car 'resets' and re-primes the fuel pump, which is why you hear hear it. you hear it more because the 255lph pump is bigger and makes more noise.

the 255lph pump is actually too big for what you are doing. bigger injectors won't help and will make it worse.

you may want to try adjusting the idle (10-GND the diagnostics) and the dashpot. i just installed mine about a week ago. i am more accustomed to turbo miatas, but a lot of stuff is the same. my car fires, revs to about 1800rpms then levels off to 975-1000 rps, which is where i set it after installing the kit.

also, check to make certain your air flow meter is connected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts