ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls

For the past 4 months i've been having this nosie coming from my driver rear side its like a woooing nosie as i go faster the noise gets worse. I changed the wheel bearing checked my rotors greased the hell out of everything !! The nosie is still there. Wheel are perfectly balanced psi is at 27 idk what it could be
Can anybody help?
I was thinking it could be a bad axel? Or diff bearing? Or the diff? Cv joints?

I tried to get a video but it doesnt work out to good

I search m.net mturbo.net mroadster.net mfourms.net and nothing so fare

I trust u guys on cr.

Help!

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Normally a whine from the diff is a bad thing, have you replaced the fluid recently?

·
~Foo's Best Friend~
517 Posts
I chased a similar noise that ended up being cv axles.
Check your driveshaft u joints, diff fluid, rear bearings for side to side play, and spedo cable.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Normally a whine from the diff is a bad thing, have you replaced the fluid recently?
Diff fluid was changed in jan about 6000 miles ago

I chased a similar noise that ended up being cv axles.
Check your driveshaft u joints, diff fluid, rear bearings for side to side play, and spedo cable.

Drive shaft seems to be fine will double check in the morning, both wheel bearing were replaced spedo cable is fine. I was thinking it could be the axel like u said but im not sure

Im running a torsen with a 4.7 r&p

Thanks for the replys and help

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump cuz i need some help

·
~Foo's Best Friend~
517 Posts
Jack the rear up and unbolt the axle shafts from the pumpkin. Its an easy 8 nuts. The put it in gear and let it run. If the whirring noise is gone it may be your axles. Although there may need to be load on the diff to produce a whirring sound if its bad. Have you checked the diff fluid for larger than normal particles?

·
Registered
105 Posts
If im not mistaken you bought the diff with the 4.7 off mozuhs? When he took me for a ride a long i heard that noise too. I wouldnt worry about it unless its unbearable.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I got the same prob. I also have a bad CV Joint which i'm fixing next week (Drivers Rear). But had it up on stands and the whining sounds like it's coming from the ujoint to the rear pumpkin... m.net thread somebody removed the 'rubber' piece if yours is LSD, and the sound went away...

By location, it almost sounds like a internal whine from the shaft... cpttony86 did you put yours on stands yet and put it in gear? (be carefull) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts