ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Supporting Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that it's always a good idea to paint the rotor hub with high temperature paint to prevent it from rusting. However, I heard Brembo blanks might be made in another material such that this did not need to be done. Is this true?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I heard that it's always a good idea to paint the rotor hub with high temperature paint to prevent it from rusting. However, I heard Brembo blanks might be made in another material such that this did not need to be done. Is this true?
When I put mine on, I went liberal with anti-seize on the studs. No rust on the hub area, but since its been sitting out so long the rotor itself has a nice coating of rust.
:hello kitty:

·
Supporting Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it, thanks! Can you just paint over the rotor or do you need to scruff it up a bit first?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Painted mine with the cheapest black spray paint i had in the shed and no rust at all! Litterally, It was called "Black Spray Paint." Looked perfect until I sold the car.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Is it so hard to cut up a piece of cardboard and mask the rotor surface?
It isnt that hard. That's why I did it with an old folder i had. I may have used blue painters tape.. Whatever, I did it right. Dont paint the entire rotor like he did ^

You'll be cleaning yellow flakes form the wheel for days. And yes I scuffed it up with some crappy sandpaper laying around the toolbox. It's not hard and you cant mess it up. And please spray them black not "LOOK AT MEEEEE" yellow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts