ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my steering wheel on. Grant Hub #3597 and mooneyes steering wheel 13.5in.
I want to hook up my horn but previous owner busted the airbag plug/horn plug. Here are some pictures.

Possible to splice wire and connect it to the ground from the Grant 3597 Hub?

Broken,

Grant Hub:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Im in the same boat. I have a service manual with the wiring diagram, I plan on wiring mine to an auxilary switch. Ill let you know if I finish before you get an answer.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im in the same boat. I have a service manual with the wiring diagram, I plan on wiring mine to an auxilary switch. Ill let you know if I finish before you get an answer.
thanks, I was hoping to connect it to that extra ground that cam eon the 3597 hub. If that ain't going to happen, then a separate switch would be the way.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
It's the green/red stripe that will trigger the horn when applied ground. You'll need a new clockspring, unless you can figure out how to have a wire rotate 2.5 rotations as you turn the wheel. HINT: The clockspring is the piece with the yellow warning sticker.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heres what i did for mine. but if its not for you then don't complain like the others in that thread, everybody seems to be a complainer.. just giving you an option...works great for me.
http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=41610&highlight=horn+diy
LOLOL, that's dope. Windshield washer fluid. I need mine to work so I can't do anything about -__-. I checked everything else and they're working fine. It's just the clock spring is broken. Maybe I could trace the wire and attach it to another switch?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I thought you wanted the horn to be at the horn. It's just a single wire. Get creative like cody did, and do exactly what you're willing to do with it. I wanted it at the horn button, so I got another clock spring (after breaking the ribbon)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought you wanted the horn to be at the horn. It's just a single wire. Get creative like cody did, and do exactly what you're willing to do with it. I wanted it at the horn button, so I got another clock spring (after breaking the ribbon)
I would prefer to have it on the horn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts