ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble removing the PPF (Power Plant Frame) from my car, if anyone is willing to come by and help me out that would be much appreciate it. I have been trying to do this project by myself but i have just got to tired and frustrated. The PPF is the only thing remaining from the car so i can put it in the 5SPD tranny all bolts are loose I just can't seem to get the tail end out, the part that is attached to the Differential.

Thanks in advance.
I have mornings free and all day tomorow(thursday) if anyone wants to come down Thanks.

714 264 3081

[email protected]

AIM: tankdafrank86

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
put a jack under the nose of the diff and tilt it up, then hit the ppf with a rubber mallet about 4 times, 3 times soft then when you get tired of pussyfootin' around, hard as hell.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Re: Need you're help!!! In the OC Cali

It's a real pain to get off. THere's a collar up in ine of the bolt holes. Keith Tanner's solution from Miata Performance Projects is to thread a M14x1.5 bolt up there and pull down or you can undo the spacer on the bottom and use a prybar to lift the ppf off the sleeve. It is truely a pain in the ass. When I did my diff swap it took my girlfriend's dad and I 45 minutes to get it off and we had instructions.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah sid the top part is the part i can't get off, i removed the bottom spacer but I can't get it off. Damm if someone can just give me a hand this **** is getting on my last nerve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts