ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I picked this raggedy beast up for $500 and now it's time to start building her up, haven't done anything major yet, just cleaned up the throttle body and threw it on, replaced brake pads, I need to do alot of other little things... But I've got big plans for Mia(; anyways here's some
Pix of what im working with and a vid I took after I tuned her up, who knew that little 1.6 could sound so
Beastly? Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGhnAzu_51A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
What the... Single carb? Can you get better pictures? I have only seen dcoe carb setups, where there is an individual carb per intake port.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Looks like a regular 1.6 intake manifold and throttle body sitting there to me? Just the intake tract, air box, and amf is removed.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
You are right stormin. In the OP he said tune the carb, I saw the throttle body pointing up and thought WTF?

I don't think you have a carburetor, that is a throttle body and your car is fuel injected.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Possibly. XD

Did the car come with the hardtop? If so nice score and good luck breathing some life back into it.
The car originally had a soft top, previous owner didn't like that, so they threw it away an bought the red hardtop, lol

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So. I'm having trouble deciding on color ideas, because I'm not leaving it white\gray with a red hard top.

So I want peoples opinion on this:

should I paint the car an entirely different color?(red,black,blue,etc)

Should I paint the hard top color match white?

Or should I paint the top color match grey?

·
The Boss
2,512 Posts
Errrryyy thang????!!!

Even dem shitty 13's?! Lol

All white wouldn't look bad...
You mean 14's? haha and yes I would approve of all white body with whatever your preference is on the wheels.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You mean 14's? haha and yes I would approve of all white body with whatever your preference is on the wheels.
No, I mean 13's, the fronts are 14's, but the set that came with car, the ones on the back, are 13's, wrapped in racing slicks.

·
The Boss
2,512 Posts
They look pretty nice, those Hoosiers definitely look pinched on there haha.

Do you have any idea what kind of wheels they are? They look kind of like Rota RB's.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They look pretty nice, those Hoosiers definitely look pinched on there haha.

Do you have any idea what kind of wheels they are? They look kind of like Rota RB's.
That they are, they are so
Pinched, you can't tell they have almost 0 air pressure in that pic

And I have no clue... All I know is they are tiny and hidious. Lol but I plan to keep them for my first couple of track runs.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts