ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well atleast not ones with so much apparently low skill levels. . .

so yea i won my first attempt at a drag race today in my miata. I had a full trunk, full tank of gas, and a passenger. so i come to the red light and i look over and its a typical ricer of my area. . .acura integra with 3 of the 4 matching rims, overly huge muffler with crazy fart can exhaust, and radio blaren. when i look over i just kind of laugh to myself and and go back to my buisness. . .at the same time thinking theres no way this guy is going to go ahead of me. so the light changes and i accelerate at an acclerated pace. . .noticing his exhaust hit particularly LOUDER db's. so i say fine and just go full out and start pulling away even further. then next light turns red, so he pulls next to me and rev's his engine. i first check to make sure no cops within eyeshot then look over at him. i just kind of smile but my passenger starts tellin me to race him and says something to the other guy about "wanna go". so i say fine and am sitting there for the light. . .suddenly he jumps his car forward and i look over in wonderment. . .apperently he thought it was going to turn green. i just sit there and watch for the light. then. . . it happens it turns green and we both go. first half second i have cought up to the front of his car and then slowly keep increasing the lead. its a big strait and no cars for a while so we just keep going. finnaly we hit about 60-70 mph and the next light turns red. so i proceed to stop and i suddenly hear screatches. i look back and i see his integra at about 45 degree angle with all tires locked. instanly my mind flashes "OH **** " so i let off the brake as much as possible but still enough so that i will be able to stop before the intersection. his locked brakes dont slow him down ANY and he keeps comin towards me and gets within a foot of my left rear quarter. finnaly the car haults to a stop with enough clearence to miss me. . .as a big cloud of smoke passes my car. i chuckle to myself as he pulls in next to me looking like he wants to race again. . .i shake my head in dissapointment and make my right turn, and we went our seperate ways. all in all a pretty funny experience but damn was it ever the scariest point in my driving career.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
And this, boys and girls, is why street racing is bad, mmmkay.

The results of this encounter could have been far worse.

Glad everything is cool though.

I hate little boys in Hondas who act like the one in your story.

·
Registered
441 Posts
my friend has a mr2 turbo and i am always in front of him as he drives like a granny, on the same day it happend three times! he wasnt paying attention and locked up behinde me coming up to some lights!! one was about 1" miss! i did laugh, he hit my white roadster once lol only at about 1mph i told him off he said he didnt even notice lol

·
Registered
441 Posts
i would have given him a good kickin if he hit it and made him pay for it lol. but he didnt so i laughed at his weak driving skills

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I live my life a quarter mile at a time, but that's due to a memory problem OH GOD WHERE AM I?

·
Registered
182 Posts
had this same thing happen to me but it was a 80s camaro, and about a week later i passed a accident, it was him upside down in the middle of the road, he was fine but they had his girlfriend on a stretcher.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
I forgot to add that I agree that street racing is ghey. Plus a stockish miata like mine isnt fast so whats the point, haha.

If these donkeys think they're so fast why dont they go autocrossing or to track events?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes i agree with u guys and like i said it was my first street race and im a huge fan of the tracks. . .it wasnt even suppose to be a drag at first.

oh and to boogie van. . .mines stock too. . .and i STILL beat his "racer" integra

·
Registered
593 Posts
Street racing is pretty lame. I'll admit though, I have taken place in a few little runs with people down the local streets at late hours. The last one was a couple months back when I was coming home from the original Krispy Kreme meet and a V6 Accord pulled up next to me. The light turned green and I pulled on him at first. Then all of a sudden, he took off like a friggin rocket. Linh would know, he was right behind me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh and to dicker's comment. . .i dont think i was "tearing" around the kk parking lot. . .the only time i did anything was when i was giving one guy a ride so he could hear my exhaust cuz he had a question about the sound. and if ur talking about my wheels chattering, it was just because it was cold and im on econo tires

·
Registered
116 Posts
if you are going to street race, at least go do it somewhere that is a semi-controlled environment (where there definately wouldn't be a traffic light or any cross streets), aka "the boonies."

just set up some "private runs" with you, your friends, and those random boy racers you meet on the street. if the person wants to just rip it up through suburbia and won't stop to chat it up and set up a private run, he doesnt even have at least a little bit of sense and you should steer clear.

at least thats how i used to do it when i was young and dumb...

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
I dragged Dicker down a street in broad daylight. Street racing ftw!

I grinded 3rd gear, clearly, I have awesome double clutch skills. Goddamn 1.8 pulls over my measly 1.6... I had a better launch too. :(

And I also dragged Pogi, I won one, he one one.

I also raced a riced out euro lited accord with fart can exhaust, I was one car ahead then I pulled into the street of my house. Heh.

I am quite responsible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.