ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did I buy on Black Friday? A 1995 Base Miata with an OEM Hardtop. It's currently got just a bit over 52,000 miles, and has never seen snow. It has quite a bit of scratches, but the underside, and the interior are flawless. I think I'm going to keep it basically stock for a while, but will go for some FCM coilovers, and I'll have some wheels with Star Specs next summer.

About me: I'm a freshman at Kettering University for Mechanical Engineering. I have a co-op at Bilstein, designing springs and sway bars for the OEM market. I am also on the Formula SAE team. I'll probably eventually be the suspension designer, after I get some more experience and knowledge.

I came from driving a Ford Fusion.. it was fun, but I got tired of FWD, and 4 doors. At least it was a manual!

Here's the Miata!

·
Supporting Member
1,543 Posts
I've seen the Fusion before.

Welcome to the site. Because you've bought the car at the end of the season, you'll have plenty of time to do fancy things to it. :fab:

·
---
520 Posts
Welcome to CR.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,160 Posts
suspension first! lol. dont you have an internship at Bilstein? make it happen (and hook me up too)!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well.. the Miata may be totaled. I was driving down a road that is 4 lanes each way, with a median in the center (Telegraph in Southfield for you Michiganders). A car was in the turn-around going to cross the street. Somehow they didn't see me (it was still light, and I had my big ass 7" lights on) and they smashed right into my driver side door. The airbags deployed, the windshield is shattered, and the driver side window is gone. I spun around and ran up on the grass. The whole driver side is pushed in about a foot, yet I came out of the crash with out a single scratch. It was a miracle how that happened, I wasn't even shooken up by the crash. As soon as I got hit, I hit the clutch, put it in neutral, and as I heard the engine rev to redline I cut the engine, all while I was still spinning out. Afterwords, I just dug around to find my phone, and got out of the car. Several people got out of their cars to see if I was okay, and were amazed when I told them I was fine.

·
Registered
279 Posts
yikes sorry to hear about the accident... glad your okay from one se michigander to another

1 - 20 of 32 Posts