ClubRoadster.net banner

New and need help with a clutch problem

578 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Michael_neu 
#1 ·
I have a 92 miata and put a exedy stage one organic clutch in and have had it for about 15,000 miles and for some reason if I'm in traffic or even pulling into my garage and hold the clutch pedal in for a little bit the pressure in the petal goes away and the car will stall. What's wrong? I'm not loosing or leaking any clutch fluid is it the pressure plate? Or is the clutch going out???

#5 ·
I had the same problem and it went away after I bleed it, if it doesn't then most likey its the master cylinder and slave cylinder I replaced both at the same time.
Your clutch hydraulic system is a pretty simple design... pedal/master cylinder/hard line/rubber line (or stainless steel)/hard line/ slave cylinder.
If you don't replace BOTH the master cylinder & the slave cylinder at the same time, what often happens is, the new piece ends up overpowering the the old piece (seals), and you get what you describe, a pedal that doesn't hold. The master cylinder's seals don't hold.
You should be able to get a master & slave for under $40.00 bucks each.

You should have bled the system when you replaced the slave too, but air in the line would give you a soft pedal feel, similar to brakes that are not bled.

-Cheers,

Jim

#8 ·
Piston seal on master is compromised allowing seepage past the seal and releasing pressure on the fork. You will see no fluid loss. AutoZone sells the part for <$20 with a LLW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.