ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sponsor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*NEW* APR Performance Wings - Discount sale plus FREE Shipping

FRONT BUMPER CANARDS SET A - FITS MIATAS! P/N AB-200300 $185.00 MSRP ClubRoadster price: $185.00 + FREE SHIPPING
Stock: In-Stock

----------------------------

APR PERFORMANCE GTC-200 WING UNIVERSAL P/N AS-105958 $675.00 MSRP ClubRoadster price: $650.00 + FREE SHIPPING
Stock: In-Stock

APR PERFORMANCE GTC-300 WING UNIVERSAL P/N AS-106757 $1300.00 MSRP ClubRoadster price: $1100.00 + FREE SHIPPING (Available in 61" or 67" width)
Custom build-to-order by APR Performance, typically takes 1-4 weeks, depending on their workload.

Distance between pedestal mounting points on the wing can be customized to a certain extent.

All other APR Performance parts & accessories are also available. Send me PM or e-mail for quotes.

California residents add 8.25% sales tax.

·
Sponsor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: *NEW* APR Performance Wings - Discount sale plus FREE Shipping

I happen to have a powder-coated black version of their tallest base stands for the GT series (not compatible with GTC series) wings on-hand.

10MM GT-II Base Stands BLACK P/N AA-100112

It's this one:

$75 out-the-door, if we meet locally. Or I can ship to you for $75+actual shipping.

If you want the silver one (it's actually clear-anodized over aluminum) instead, it will be $75+tax+shipping. APR has both silver and black ones in-stock. So I can usually get them in-hand within 1 business day after they are ordered.

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
does it come with the base on the bottom, and if it would be asking too much if you can put something next to it to compare the size or something

and i can just pick up, i'm down the street

·
Sponsor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It doesn't come with the base on the bottom. Those are available separately at a list price of $55+tax. I also happen to have 1 set of black powder-coated u-brackets (4 pcs.) P/N AA-100158 on-hand, which I can sell to you for $50 tax included.

No problem, I'll take some comparison pictures of the base stands tonight and post them up.

·
Sponsor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

In case anyone's wondering if these wings will fit your car...

We can have the pedestal-to-pedestal distance (see dimension "D" below) customized for your order. No extra charge! :p

·
Registered
278 Posts
hey jefff
i found someone locally selling a gtc 200 thats like mint and never been used, and the guy is selling for 500$ is that a realy good deal?
im thinking about buyin it for my miata

what things will i have to consider, if i wanna put that wing on my miata?

thanks

·
Sponsor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

vvind,
The pedestals (stands/bases) should ideally be located at the very edges (left and right side) of the trunk lid. The edges of the trunk lid provide the strongest and most convenient points to mount the pedestals.

Good price on the GTC-200, but it will most likely not have the ideal pedestal-to-pedestal distance setting (this setting cannot be changed once the user has it). Aside from not being able to mount to the strongest points on the trunk lid (any other point between the very edges will allow the Miata trunk lid to flex), the installation becomes much more complicated (adding re-inforcements, cutting bracing under the trunk lid, etc.).

·
Registered
278 Posts
i dont realy udnerstand what the pedestal means
u mean, once someone puts the wing on their car, and i want to put it on mine, i wont be able to readjust it to fit on the edges of teh trunk lid?

Also was wondering if you have any pictures of NA's with the gtc200

thanks

·
Sponsor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Once someone orders a wing for their car, and you want to put it on your car, you won't be able to readjust it to fit on the edges of the trunk lid.

·
Sponsor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Yes, but what I'm saying is that even before it's installed, it's already "stuck like that" as soon as it leaves APR. If you look at the diagram in one of my earlier posts, you will see dimension "D". That dimension is fixed at APR. It is either customized per user request, or pre-set to fit a specific vehicle application:
http://www.aprperformance.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=44

If it will help, you can take a look at the bottom-side of an APR GTC series 3D wing. There are brackets that are permanently riveted into the carbon fiber structure. This doesn't mean you won't be able to fit the wing on your trunk lid, it just means it'll take more work to do a proper installation.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I am seriously considering buying the GTC-200 universal wing with the 2.5" adapter (to make it taller). They come standard base to base 29.5" apart which should fit a miata because the skeleton of the trunk is as shown

Not for my question, a stock miata trunk excluding the skeleton is 40.5", if i wanted to custom order a GTC-200 wing approx. 36inches wide, could i mount it or no? would it be a sacrifice to rigidity if i had to cut part of the skeleton to mount it? What width would you recommend? Thnx

·
Sponsor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey cheesfries,

My recommendation is to have it mounted just inside the far left and right edges of the trunk lid. These are the strongest mounting points on the trunk lid. Anywhere else, it will be much less rigid.

I can get you the "universal" GTC-200, with mounting points custom built as I described above, along with the 2.5" risers.

Your price for this will be $xxx (GTC-200 wing w/ custom mounting points) + $85 (risers) = $xxx w/ free shipping.

Lead-time is about 2 weeks after you place the order.

Let me know if you have any more questions or when you are ready to order.

Thanks!

Jeff.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Sounds awesome and ill be sure to order from you when im ready to pull the trigger. I want the legs to be as spread apart as possible (at the edge of the trunk), as you mentioned above, but once again would that require me to cut off part of the exo-skeleton? What would be the exact width you would recommend? So if i were to order everything needed for an install i would need the actual wing and the rider kit? Do i need to order mounting hardware or brackets or anything? Thx again

·
Sponsor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cheesefries,
The wing price includes the wing itself, plus all the brackets and nuts/bolts needed to get the wing mounted. The risers are an optional accessory, and mount directly under the vertical brackets that already come with the wing. Is this going on an NA Miata? If so, then for your order, I can bring my own NA trunklid to APR so we can get an exact measurement. You won't need to cut anything off. You will only need to drill holes for the included mounting studs.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
cheesefries,
The wing price includes the wing itself, plus all the brackets and nuts/bolts needed to get the wing mounted. The risers are an optional accessory, and mount directly under the vertical brackets that already come with the wing. Is this going on an NA Miata? If so, then for your order, I can bring my own NA trunklid to APR so we can get an exact measurement. You won't need to cut anything off. You will only need to drill holes for the included mounting studs.
Sounds great, if you could do that for me that would be greatly appreciated and would be very useful to fellow members as well! (yes its on an NA)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts