ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 848 Posts

·
Roll Bar God
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Blackbird Fabworx racecar build / Ferrari engine swap - Morpheus

So with a few weekends of work already done, it's about time to get a new build log going for the new racecar, which has been named Morpheus.

Morpheus is being built as a NASA Performance Touring legal / SuperMiata legal chassis, but will be capable of doing more than your typical PT / SPM build.
I will also be running it in the Miata Challenge, mainly because beer and BBQ ;)
Many of the lessons learned on Creampuff will be applied to this build.
I expect it to go faster than Creampuff after the initial stage of tuning the suspension and fixing early bugs.

Power levels will be kept modest, not stock like Creampuff though, nothing to prove there anymore.
Instead, a SuperMiata legal map allows for 140 max RWHP (with defined power curve) and for the sake of running Miata Challenge I will have a power map which will make whatever the combo of parts will make at most without over stressing anything too much.
If it's 148, cool. If it's 155, cool. Etc... I'm not overly attached to hitting any specific number.

Before -

...Aaaand here we go again : 3gears:

·
THREE!
464 Posts
Another Blackbird cage to drool over too. Looking forward to watching this one progress Moti!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Looking forward to new innovations once again! Trickle some of that down to Bills car, and maybe I can finally get a Solo Nats trophy? :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Bill's car actually has a bunch of features from both Creampuff and Morpheus going into it :)
You guys are going to have fun in that thing.
I've sworn Bill to say NOTHING about what's happening with his build, there's lots of go-fast secret sauce going in it.
YES! Thanks man, this September is going to be fun!

·
THREE!
464 Posts
Plus ride alongs Saturday???

·
THREE!
464 Posts
Nice! Signed up for C this year so I can try and sneak some rides with you fast guys. :hello kitty:

1 - 20 of 848 Posts