ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sunday morning went and picked up a new camera with my friend at 9am.

by 10am we had picked up the mustang and headed on up to the coastal mountains, for some driving to the coast, and pictures to email to our friend in iraq.

here are the fruits of our adventure (sorry i didn't modify the pics at all, too lazy, just shrunk them down and hosted them):

ew, they look all pixilated because the forum automatically shrunk them down. i hope you can view the "full size" because i can't.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Great pics. Two sharp looking cars and the locations are superb. The forum software automatically resizes large pics so you don't have to scroll horizontally when reading. If you've got Firefox 2.0 right click "View Image" and you can see the original files you uploaded. It's interesting how big a difference one's computer monitor makes in image quality.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where is this? somewhere next to santa cruz?
yeah some backroads in the coastal mountains about half way between santa cruz and half moon bay.

forgot to mention, the stang has some outstanding suspension modifications.

a stang that a roadster can be proud to fly through the twisties with...

·
3,857 Posts
Very beautiful!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the compliments.

its just a used 300d rebel w/ kit 18-55 kit lens.

i just set it to auto, and was without a tripod.

better results when i learn how to use the thing and buy a nice lens or two...

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Goddamn! Those sites are just the reason why I sometimes regret moving to SoCal.... It's so goddamn beautiful up there! Up north gets autumn and here in the south we get this artificial "summer." :(

Ugh, Southern California is so ugly when you grow up hiking in the Santa Cruz mountains, and going to Half Moon bay, and also walking through redwood forests. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

e/n

I totally dig your DIY paintjob.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,612 Posts
Looks good, man. Some of those special package 'Stangs really are impressive cars for the price :)

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
THAT IS A GREAT CAMERA!!!
thanks man, should have better results when i get a real lens or two, and learn how to use it, and don't forget my tripod at home... and the list goes on hahaha.

Pics look good :)

I'd suggest getting the image resizer powertoy though. Whatever you used to shrink them artifacted them to hell!!
can you pm me with the official name of this program you speak off, im going to get it via bit torrent and give it a try.

Goddamn! Those sites are just the reason why I sometimes regret moving to SoCal.... It's so goddamn beautiful up there! Up north gets autumn and here in the south we get this artificial "summer." :(

Ugh, Southern California is so ugly when you grow up hiking in the Santa Cruz mountains, and going to Half Moon bay, and also walking through redwood forests. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

e/n

I totally dig your DIY paintjob.
yeah i feel you on all that. when i used to go down to san diego every summer and spend weeks surfing and checking out the ladies at del mar, pacific and mission beach, la jolla etc, i used to think that socal was far superior.

then i grew up and realized that the warm water and higher population of hot girls at the beach are the only things that socal has over norcal.

norcal is better for....everything else.

the beaches here are much more asthetically appealing, but i still shivver even with my wetsuit on.

its a real toss up.

as far as the paint job goes, it only has 2 half assed layers of paint. now im upgrading to marine paint (more glossy/more durable) for two more layers. stand by a week or two for those results and prepare to be shocked!

nope, backroads, not highways :) skyline is highway 35. the roads we went on are full of tighter turns and more fun for roadstering, and less traffic!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts